Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CamGee25

Fixing skate tongues

So I bought a pair of tacks roller blades a few weeks ago. And the tongues are too big for my liking and I'm looking for a way to make them more similar to an original APX tongue without doing a tongue swap. 

I'm having an issue with a repair, this guy broke the tongue out of his goalie skates and part of the toe cap clean off where the tongue was stiched on, its nearly impossible to restitch for me as its too deep under the cowling which has a huge toe cap that overlaps into the laces. I tried using an epoxy and told the guy to be gentle with the tongues, after I handed him the skates, he grabbed the tongue and pulled it and let go of the skate and re broke the damn thing.

at this point Ive told him his skates are screwed and he needs to go buy a new pair or I can add some lace looks on the tongue and we can "suspend/attach" the tongues that way.

am I correct in this?