Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nhockey

Leg Pads Twisting

When my son was first in goal we didn't have any problems with his leg pads, but over the last week or two hos pads keep twisting out. I haven't a clue what changed.

Why are his leg padd twisting outward, what can we do to stop it?

Thanks!

Changing to elastic toe ties of some sort would help. HAL straps from Monster Hockey are the best option, but Brians also makes a set. 

Besides that, shorten the toe ties a bit I guess might help. 

That's usually caused by something being too tight and causing resistance, often the boot strap.  It could also be from interference with the pants or knee pads.

Find out what he is making tighter than he had been.  Is he still wearing his knee pads for sure?  If he isn't wearing them (without your knowledge) and is making the knee straps tighter to compensate for the extra space, that might be your culprit right there.

OR is right, elastic toes will help pull the pad back into place.  Monster HAL straps are an option, so are the Brian's Smart Toes.  I just use flat bungee cords from Home Depot, and that works better than anything else, imo.

Thanks for the pointers. Was not aware elastic toe ties were available. I'll re-check strap tightness tomorrow at practice and go from there. Appreciate the help. 

If your pads have old school leather straps they all need to be pretty loose. So loose that they're almost doing nothing, lol. 

If you have modern elastic strapping then you can go much tighter without losing function.