Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sniper_23

Red Star Alloys or Labeda Sensors

I'm probably going to convert a pair of ice skates over to roller soon and I'm not sure which chassis to put on. Its gonna be either the Red Star Alloys or the Labeda Sensors? Any opinions or feedback on these frames?

Thanks Guys,

Ian

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up getting a pair of Sensors off Ebay for 65$.

Does the larger wheel in the front make much of a difference? I never skated on anything other than hi-lo - guess i'll find out once i get them mounted B)

Does the larger wheel in the front make much of a difference? I never skated on anything other than hi-lo - guess i'll find out once i get them mounted B)

It's suppose to give you more surface area for extra push and quicker takeoffs.

I've never used one, however.

As long as they mount properly you should feel a stronger push off maximizing energy of each stride. It usually takes a couple of skates to get totally use to but the biggest difference you will feel is if you go back to your Hi/Lo's. Skate on the Sensors for about two weeks then go back to your Hi/Lo's, you won't believe the amount of toe slip you were getting from the Hi/Lo.

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up getting a pair of Sensors off Ebay for 65$.

BASTARD! I bought one off that guy like 2 months ago for $100. Its the only one I've seen him sell that went over his $65 opening bid. I used mine the other night. They felt a little differen't but it could also be the boots. Once I got a little more used to the feel (took about a half) they push felt great.

Nice pick! Well the bigger wheel in the front is to be better its bigger so you can get going faster and a softer push of. Also I think that helps to deal with Turing quicker at a smaller radius. I also like the sensor for skating backwards it is a lot easier. They might feel weird at the start but you will get us to them. I also have a pair of sensor frames on my Graph skates. Is there anywhere on the internet that you can still buy a pair of sensor frames?

Ah that makes sense.

Anyone from the Vancouver BC Canada area know of some tried tested and true places to mount inline frames?

When I was looking for info on the Sensor online there weren't many places who had them available for a good price...but you can buy the Tour G80's or 90's and get the frames and wheels from them for a decent price here. B)

http://www.netskate.com/ihockey.asp

i live in surrey B.C and the ONLY place that you know they'll do it right for sure is the hockeyshop in surrey central. those are also the only guys i let sharpen my ice skates.