Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Jofa 8025 Elbow pad

Intro

The 8025 has been discontinued but it is still available as the 9025. If you're not familiar with the pad, they have no upper cuff and are very minimal.

Fit

They fit like a second skin to me. I have no issues with them interfering with my shoulder pads and they aren't so bulky that they restrict movement in any way. I've never worn an elbow pad that was close to being as comfortable to me.

9 out of 10

Protection

They will protect you if you fall or get bumped into the boards but you shouldn't consider them if you need something that will absorb a lot of abuse. They are not good for growing kids playing in a checking league. Beer leagues and house leagues are where these belong.

3 out of 10

Weight

The lack of upper cuff and extra protection make them incredibly light. I haven't put them on a scale but I can't imagine any pad being much lighter.

9 out of 10

Durability

I've been using them for over two years and there is a little bit of yellowing from sweat but no probelms at all. I've been very surprised and impressed with them.

9 out of 10

Conclusion

Are they good for everyone? Nope. They work well for me and how I play. They're durable, light and comfy, what more could I want?

7.5 of 10 based on pure numbers, more like 9 out of 10 to me.