Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

TPS Genesis shaft

Product: Tps Genesis Intermediate(75 flex)

Intial Impression -Coming off of a Cyclone the shape felt extremely boxy, the shaft has a real solid feel to it and I could play physical and slash without worrying which is comforting.

Flex - Normal straight wall shaft, so the flex wasnt anything special however it wasnt dead like the lower price carbon shafts, the flex was very consistent. Again this stick is a tank so the flex is normal nothing special but consistent which is all you can ask for in shafts like this. 7/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes - I think this depends more on the blade and my ability to actually stick handle however the shaft just felt solid and wasnt flimsy at all which made recieving passes and stickhandling pretty good. 8/10

Shooting - What can you expect again performance is sacrifised for durability, however since the shaft was fairly consistent and solid I was able to lean and put weight on it without worrying about the shaft snapping, wrist shots were average but I liked how the shaft responded to having weight put into it. 8/10

Weight and balance - Not the lightest, its suppose to be light according to Tps as it is around the 290 G mark however this shaft felt heavy and paired with a hybrid blade it was medicore at best which isnt such a bad thing since you can put some force into slashes and not get your stick lifted. For me I would have liked this to be just a little lighter however I am satisfied. 8/10

Durability - Absoulte tank, taken a few slashes handed out a few slashes, leaned into slappers, put weight onto the shaft and it keeps coming back for more, I couldnt see myself breaking this stick, the aspen sides I am not too sure if its just a gimmick but so far only cosmetic damaged and no visible dents and etc. 10/10

Conclusion - Tired of breaking sticks? Scared of expensive performance shafts breaking? Well you can always resort to tank shafts such as: Rubber,TriCore, Red Lite and UL and of course the Genesis and with it being the cheapest out of all the tank shafts this is a very safe investment as this will definitly last. The price is right too I got mine at United Cycyle for $89.99 Cdn. This is a great shaft for Durability. 8/10