Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Sande Max720

Product: Sande MAX 720

Palm: The palm is a double reinforced nash palm, which comes standard on all Sande gloves. The palm is decent, but doesnt provide much grip, although it is quite durable. However, the MAX 720 has the added feature of the "Trigger Finger". This feature benefits your shooting and passing accuracy greatly. The trigger finger works by allowing your index finger to freely move, as though it is almost seperated by the glove. You can then fully wrap your finger around the shaft, increasing feel, and in my opinion allowing for better accuracy.

8/10 - -2 points due to lack of grip on palm

Flexibility/Break in period: All Sande gloves seem to come broken in, and are capable of being "heat molded" in a skate bake oven. Im not sure that baking the gloves achieves much, but it seemed to make them a little bit more comfortable. Any durability issues due to the baking are yet to be seen. the MAX 720 has a tapered index finger, and all split fingers, making the glove very flexible right our of the box. That coupled with the high quality materials used creates a glove that forms with your hand, and flexes with it.

10/10

Fit: The MAX 720 seems to fit alot looser than my previous 720's. I havent yet figured out if I like this more or not. If you like a loose fitting glove the Sande is undoubtedly the way to go. If you are more used to the Nike type fit, where the glove is very tight against the had, I dont think the Sande is for you.

8/10 - Feels nice, just not sure if too loose.

Weight: The MAX 720 is practiacally weightless. I really feel like I am not wearing gloves, a previous problem when I had my Mission Warp Zero's. Compared to my Sande's they feel like tanks. FYI Sande advertises the glove at 8oz. I have not weighed to compare.

10/10

Duarbility: So far, I have used the glove for a month, so durability shouldnt be a factor yet. However, I have felt some small threads coming loose inside the glove. My previous Sande's lasted me roughly a year before hte palms got stiff. I will update this section later.

INC.

Intangibles: I have to say, I had a negative experience in dealing with Sande. I manage a proshop as some might know, and managed to order the MAX 720's before they were publically available. However, I had to wait 6 months for my gloves, when I was told I would have to wait 4-6 weeks. Mr. Sande did make up for this excessive delay, but it still put a negative light on my experience. However, the gloves are fantastic, and met my every need.

5/10 - Delivery problems cost this glove 5 points.

Overall: The MAX 720 is a very solid glove. For roller hockey I couldnt ask for anything better. If we are judging the glove alone I give it a 9/10 overall. However, I have to take the shipping delays into account, and because of that I give the glove 7/10 overall.