Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosskore

How often do you tape your stick?

after everygame

my tape usually wears all along the bottom so it needs retaping anyway

i bought stickwax recently and i coat the tape in that stuff especially along the bottom of the blade and that seems to reduce rips and tears by 95%. I'll be buying a lot more of Mr Zoggs :)

lately just as an experiment i started spraying the elmers spray adhesant on my tape and not only does it seem to give you a little better control but it lasts about 5 times longer. I've found that a good hairspray will keep the tape on there longer also.

Whenever there is a cut in the tape really so about once every 2 ice times...

Same here when it needs to be tape I change it if it looks ok then I will keep it for a practice but usually I will need to do it for every game

Usually I will re-tape the blade after every game. If I have a good game and the tape isn't too cut up, I will keep it on. Not because of superstition or anything, just because.

I retape my sticks like this: Games, before the game and during the third period intermission, then untape at the end. Practices I just tape it up and use it the whole time. I also redo my knob after every three ice times.

I retape my sticks like this: Games, before the game and during the third period intermission, then untape at the end. Practices I just tape it up and use it the whole time. I also redo my knob after every three ice times.

Wow how much tape do you go through a season?

My teams buy about 2-3 cases of tape per person for the year. And I usually use about four cases of white tape and 2 of clear.

Each case has about 15-20 rolls.

I've had tape on for like 4 months at a time. If it's a big game I'll change er' up but normally I'm to lazy to change it.

I do mine whenever it gets cut up.

I only put a few strips on the stick I use for defense and I usually put a layer of sock tape on the bottom first. I use an AMPLE wax on my sticks. My forward stick I tape the whole blade but I start at the heel and work my way to the toe and then do about 4 or 5 strips diagonally back against the original way I taped.

Again I use sock tape at the bottom.