Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Russia Vs. Canada

What's everyones take on this game? My Schedule hasn't b een great to watch these, but I've seen 2 full games and alot of highlights. I still think Canada's D is absoloutely terrible, natably Hannan, Sourray and surprisingly for me, Jovo. I'm hoping they pull it out, but it seems to me the Russians match up very nicely, with alot of speed and talent, which the Canadian D is very suspect to.

All the papers around town are quite critical on Team Canada. They say that the team is lucky with the breaks they've been getting and have to tigthen up the defensive zone. I haven't heard much about the Grind Line. What are they up to?

Weak.... It seems like Nash has been golden, always exciting, Heatley is starting to round into form. Thornton is what he is, big, strong and powerful, Gagne fits well, but isn't really exciting. Smyth, hard worker, but can't really expect anything. Maltby and Draper are decent, but not at the level they were for the last tourney. They aren't in "game" condition, like I am sure the physical aspect is there, but their mind isn't at a high enough level. Nobody on forward has been "bad" in my opinion, but very few have been good. I expected a bit more on forward and ALOT more on D. I was not excited about their blue line presence at the start, but this is a joke. Line by line Canada's 1st is great, 2nd is Heatley, 3rd is doesn't fulfil the expectations (Draper, Maltby and Smyth) and the 4th line hasn't seen much ice, which is sad because I really like their 4th line guys.

I honestly don't know how people think Hannan is a stud defenseman. Opposition forwards have been making him look stupid all tourney. On one of the TSN broadcasts, Healy said his skating "looked like a baby moose being born." Apparently, a couple good playoff series makes him a Team Canada staple.

I'd go with the Russians again. They got more skills and speed than Canada and on a big ice, Canada's players are lacking of mobility.

And your Canadian kovy? I can't believe what a hard-on you have for these russians. Canada will pull through.........

speaking of russia...is kovalchuk doing any good? is he even playing much?

i heard that he wasnt doing so well with ak bars so i was just checkin

also, why is it that some of the other players arent playing? such as iginla, sakic, forsberg and all of them. is this championship different from the world cup?

Maybe you guys will mock me but why Team Canada did not take Ribeiro in their rosters?

I seriously think he would have been useful especially on the Power play.

Maybe you guys will mock me but why Team Canada did not take Ribeiro in their rosters?

It's not like he has a reputation for working hard or being good in the locker room. Mario wasn't hurt this time, I guess he only plays the high profile tournaments though.

It's not like he has a reputation for working hard or being good in the locker room.

Could not disagree on that. But his on ice vision is as good as anybody in the team.

It's not like he has a reputation for working hard or being good in the locker room.

Could not disagree on that. But his on ice vision is as good as anybody in the team.

But in a short tournament you can't afford to have a guy take a few games off. He just doesn't bring a solid effort every night.

Would you put him ahead of Thornton, Marleau, Draper or Morrison?

I don't think he is as valuable as any of those guys. His "Vision" may be good, but its not exceptional. The others are much more "useful" in my opinion. They tend to utalize their skills more than Ribeiro does.

Ribeiro is one of the least respected players in the NHL because of his attitude. Personally, i dont want him representing my country.

It's funny, ribiero is this supposed disgrace, yet Nash is getting cheered when he shouldn't even be playing.

It's funny, ribiero is this supposed disgrace, yet Nash is getting cheered when he shouldn't even be playing.

It's the first time I've ever seen Nash do anything like that. That said, I thought he should have been suspended for the remainder of the tournament.

Kovalchuk is serving that other guys 2 minute minor. Can someone please shut McGuire up? "Is Hannan growing on you yet Canada?" Jesus man, the guy has been walked around all tournament and just tripped a guy on a breakaway... it's not a good defensive play!

- He keeps jumping all over this Russian coach for his match-ups, but his match ups have been very good. Draper and Maltby are getting eaten up by Datsyuk, thats why those 2 are matched up. Thorntons line is matched up with Yashin because they've Joe's line has dominated all tourney and the Russians can't match anyone against them, so they fire out a decent offensive line who can attack off the rush because the Thornton - Nash - Gagne line hasn't been coming back that hard.... this is basic hockey McGuire!

Terrible Period for Canada, not impressed this entire game, but they've finished very well. 2 PP goals, Redden scored early and a beauty set-up has them up. Only 20 minutes to go

I wouldn't say Sokolov was awful, think of the goals. Heatley, Jovo and Sourrays goals were all no chance goals. Reddens was a good play as well. The only real mistake he made was on the dissallowed goal.