Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

File transfer with crossover cable

All right boys, I was going to transfer some files with a crossover cable but Windows gives me some bullshit instructions and the computers won't detect the ports. Does anyone know what the problem with this is? I put in the XP CD as it says but it won't go.

when me and my brother did the same when i was home, there has been no other ways for f...g windows to see each other that reinstall the o.s. ... :ph34r:

at that time we both had w98se, so i don't know exactly what the problem can be with xp... :(

Yeah I tried practically everything. I had the cable in where the ethernet would go, set up a direct connection and then an error about "host modem is damaged or not responding." Total horseshit and I guess it's time to burn DVDs instead.

I have a couple of cheap hubs that I use. It's easier than setting up the other stuff. I can loan one to you if you need it.

I'm retarded, is that hardware or something? I see that mentioned but I know nothing of what that is. It's really a lot of music and stuff of that nature and I figured DVDs would be too tedious but it may be the only thing I can get done for them.

I'm retarded, is that hardware or something? I see that mentioned but I know nothing of what that is. It's really a lot of music and stuff of that nature and I figured DVDs would be too tedious but it may be the only thing I can get done for them.

http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DS104.php

All you have to do is make sure you have your TCP/IP set up similarly.

Yeah, first time they tried to use a FireWire cable and then had to exchange it. It's some Geek Squad/Best Buy branded one. Rj-45 or something like that is the code on it, but it says "crossover cable" on it. Plugs into the ethernet jack but I can't get the bastards to configure the connection.