Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

delpiero27

Ice Skates Vs. Roller Skates

hockeygiant says that are exactly the XI ice boots with a roller chassis...

maybe someone can aswer why bauer (who have an in-line series of skates) makes even a roller skate with an ice boot... <_< maybe nicer than any mega series?

what i think it is, is that roller boots are naturally more flexible than ice boots. so theres rarely a super stiff roller boot. thats why im going to an ice boot anyway. theyre stiffer and seem to last longer.

i think i will do the same. ice boot and roller chassis... unless i'll get a very nice price for a high-end roller skates. :blink: but definitely i'll prefer to make that swap. i'll let you know guys :lol:

hockeygiant says that are exactly the XI ice boots with a roller chassis...

maybe someone can aswer why bauer (who have an in-line series of skates) makes even a roller skate with an ice boot... <_< maybe nicer than any mega series?

I'm guessing they are an SMU.

I am currently on a pair of Pure Fly's w/ Sensor Chassis. I love them, but I don't see a major advantage, in the boot, over my VSi Carbons or Hi-Ho Silvers. If I could do it all over again (with the funds) I'd be in a pair of Beemers.

what i think it is, is that roller boots are naturally more flexible than ice boots. so theres rarely a super stiff roller boot. thats why im going to an ice boot anyway. theyre stiffer and seem to last longer.

I think there is definately some truth to that. I broke my right ankle(playing basketball) about a year ago and had terrible problems finding an inline skate with enough support. I didn't have that problem buying ice skates. I know this was just one isolated situation, but I think your generalization holds at least some truth.

Any suggestions on a good 'donor' ice skate?

I've already got a decent chassis (e-frame) and some new RRs so don't want to pay out for something similar on a new pair of rollers, if its possible to get a better ice boot for the same price (or less)

I'm only skating about an hour a week, so nothing too expensive ;)

A guy I play with has pretty much been buying last year's top of the line (whatever fits him best) for the last few years and just putting a 6 or so year old sensor chassis on them.

That'd probably be your best bet, if V12s fit you they're available on the cheap at most LHS and just about everywhere online.