Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Burning Problems

I've had my burner for 2-3 years now and have never had any serious issues with it. I recently ran out of CDs, so I stocked up, got a 50 pack and am ready to go...or so I thought. I am having issues with the computer, or Nero, not reading these discs as burnable. They are DVD +R discs, can they only be used for certain things, and not Audio files?

Do you have a dvd burner? you can only burn dvd dics with dvd burners if you want to burn audio discs (IE: Mp3, Wav) you need a CD R/RW burner and CD R or RW discs.

I burn all my movies now that I got a dvd burner. Rent them once, keep them forever.

Oops did I just say that?

I guess not... I really need to pay attention.

Anyone want to buy a 49 Memorex DVD +R's? :) j/k

I actually would buy them if shipping was cheap.

I burn all my movies now that I got a dvd burner. Rent them once, keep them forever.

Makes that block buster pass worth it times 10... :ph34r:

Makes that block buster pass worth it times 10... :ph34r:

To add onto that a while back CompUSA had a pricing error on blank DVD's and I bought everything they had. 250 DVD's for $35. :D

Having more issues. My computer was revampt a little while ago and I don't have Nero on it anymore. Now I do have burnable CD's, but whenever I use WMP it always screws up. Is there a good free, easy program to burn my music files onto a Cd? If someone could just explain WMP maybe I could try that. I just put'em into the playlist and say, burn playlist, but it doesn't work. I know sometimes I need to change the files, on an older program, but my recent programs did that automatically. Any help would be great.

Ya I was going to suggest iTunes as well. Very easy to use. Just create a playlist and click the burn icon in the top right hand corner.

Awesome, I'm burning right now on my other comp, lets hope it works.

How do I change the info on the program? Some songs are fine, but there are a handful where the song title is the file name and it doesn't look at neat and makes things harder to find. Can I change this using the program or even outside? Will it automatically update my library from my Ares folder?

How long does an avergae movie take to do so? Is it easy to do?

Well I dont usually burn them but you get rid of all the files you dont need to compress the dvd (subtitles, menus, special features) and then you just burn it. It doesnt take that much longer than a cd. There might be more things to it but my dad does all of that stuff though it wouldnt take to long to learn.

Awesome, I'm burning right now on my other comp, lets hope it works.

How do I change the info on the program? Some songs are fine, but there are a handful where the song title is the file name and it doesn't look at neat and makes things harder to find. Can I change this using the program or even outside? Will it automatically update my library from my Ares folder?

You have to change the id3 tags and you can do that right in itunes. Just go under the column where the song you want to change is(Under album, title, artist etc.), click once and change it to what you want. It is the same as renaming a file in windows. Itunes does the rest.