Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

ccm skates

Im thinking of getting a pair of the ccm skates but im not sure whether to get the PF6 or PF8 is there a big performance difference apart from the wheels?

The biggest difference would be the Hornet wheels on the PF8s. The PF8's have a Microfibre liner, while the PF6's do not. The PF8's also have a different footbed. I have the PF8's and a buddy of mine has the PF6's. Looking at the skates side by side there is almost no difference, except for the footbed inside(which dosen't look much different anyway)

ive had the pf6 2 of the top eyelets ripped out after 2 games of play took them back gave me the pf8s and now after about 6 games 1 of the eyelets ripped out. they r good skates but the top eyelets r too close to the stitching and they just ripp out while skating and the chassi has too many different size wheels and it feels like u r skating on rockered skates. i will only buy an ice boot now and put my own frames on. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE EYELETS RIPPING OUT ON THE CCM SKATES????

It's only a $40 difference between the two, which is essentially the wheels. I have the PF8s also, and, no, I don't have any problems with the eyelets ripping out.

I have the PF10s with no problems, but a buddy of mine did have an eyelet rip on his PF6s, so it prolly is a known issue for CCM

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE EYELETS RIPPING OUT ON THE CCM SKATES????

The one shoe repair place near me got tired of fixing them on Vectors. He was spending more time trying to fix them than people were willing to pay for.

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE EYELETS RIPPING OUT ON THE CCM SKATES????

Nope.. you must be really hard on your skates.. or you just got bad luck.. But now looking at the other responses maybe I'm not hard enough :lol:

I've been playing on my PF8s for about a month now once or twice a week.. no problems whatsoever.. I love em and I would totally recommend them if they fit your feet. (I have super flat and wide feet and they're the best fitting skates I've ever owned. Size 6E)

well im definetly not hard on skates!! ive used ccm for the past 15 years and this was the first time i bought a roller hockey skate and this keeps happening. im going back to a ccm652 or pro tack with my own chassis. these seem to last me every 3 years. maybe ccm needs to start whippin those little kids overseas who r makin there skates.!!HAHA

Yeah that was pretty sadistic...

Also,if you want to spend the extra money then get the PF8,if not get the PF6.It basically comes down to that,seeing as how those 2 aren't that different.

maybe ccm needs  to start whippin those little kids overseas who r makin there skates.!!HAHA

not even cool dude... <_<

that was low. u gotta watch what u say, this site isnt just for americans. thieir are probably people from over seas on it

if i would of said it i would of been kicked off the site

well i went for the PF8, they just felt more comfy and had alot of support also love ccm's idea for the skate lock.