Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pdchockey

'03 Mission Pure Fly's with Tuuk holder

I am talking with a person about some '03 Mission Pure Fly's with a Tuuk holder. The skates have a little over 30 hours of ice time on them. The boots are in good condition and the holders have a few puck marks but also look fine. The holders being Tuuks make this an intriguing skate.

They have not been heat molded. They have been slightly punched out on the sidewall, near the toe, to allow for a larger foot, his bone growth (I don't think this will compromise the stability of the boot?) All the work was done through a LHS.

The logo on the toungue says Mission. I am assuming that this means that it is actually an '02 boot? Any specific questions to ask before I make an offer? I am currently skating in a Mission High Fly '03. I am a recreational hockey player, once or twice a week.

Based on my earlier description, I was wondering if anyone would consider this a good purchase based on my skill level, foot size, and condition of the skates (if I can get them for around $100) or should I look instead at the new '04 Mission models (either S400 or S500)?

Thanks.

You should be very happy with that setup - I've been using exactly the same (PF's w/Tuuk's) since the Pure Fly's came out.

The ONLY complaint would be the Smurf Feet from the Blue liner. But thats it.

Good advice, at times I get stars in my eyes and think I need the biggest and best. Thanks to all. Blue socks can be dealt with. I can always skate in this for a while and look at the '04's down the road.

And the blue run-off goes away pretty quick...I usually either wear a really thin cheap dress sock or no socks and my PFs only leaked a bit of colour.

And the PF with TUUKs are FANTASTIC. For rec hockey, nothing more needed, they're sickly light.

They are bakeable, although they break down faster that way, and common consensus is that they are some of the easiest skates to break in naturally... got to be a lot safer than sticking them in your oven at home!