Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pody37

Gear Sticks

Hi Guys,

i was looking on a local hokcey website and they had some new sticks in.... GEAR Hornet and GEAR Velocity. Does anyone know anything about them? are they any good?

Cheers guys.

Pod :blink:

Gear was a fairly large name in roller hockey some years ago, they hit some rough times, Hockey Giant bought them out and is producing things under their name. Theres been a few topics on the Gear equipment. Try using the search forum. It only accepts 1 words, and has to be 4 letters or more, but you should be good to find alot of information, quickly.

Welcome aboard.

I have a Gear C-4 carbon, it was the 1st one-peice they made. I think it as produced right after hockey giant bought them out. I like that stick. It does not have the same feel of a high end stick, but for 50 bucks it was a great deal. It's lasted 2 full seasons and is still going strong.

Plus the blade on mine is real nice and the stick is very light.

I am like semi-sponsered so i get stuff for free for a game and if i like it i get like half off or something like that. I bought a gear hornet (the yellow one) using this. It is a POS its not heavy but it breaks and chips easily. I've given up on gear sticks, so i have never tried the velocity but i guess it woudl be the same as the hornet.

-tim

I have a C-4 as well..i think if you are looking at a price point OPS..they are a fantastic alternative..plus..to me I think its essentially the same stick as the fury...its designed by a guy in Ontario

HG bought the rights to the Gear name..Gear itself had been bought and sold numerous times...and the guy who ran it went on to do Nexed..and then Syven in addition to designing a lot of CCM's 02 line