Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hocckey77

Jr. B team

This one kid I know is going to play for them next season but I can't find the team nor the league they play in. The closest thing i got from google was something like Twin Bridges Lightning Jr. B but they don't have a website either.

Whats the kids name? Im just wondering because I was invited to the twin bridges try outs. I ended up going to a tourny with my midget major team instead because a kid that plays junior A on my team said it would be a waste of my time. Any feedback on the team would be great, because Im thinking of taking the offer next year.

Whats the kids name? Im just wondering because I was invited to the twin bridges try outs. I ended up going to a tourny with my midget major team instead because a kid that plays junior A on my team said it would be a waste of my time. Any feedback on the team would be great, because Im thinking of taking the offer next year.

In the past 4 years or so, there has been an exponential increase in the amount of Jr. B and now even "Jr. A" teams. This has watered down the Junior system to the point where we now have 15 and 16 year olds playing on American Jr. B or "Jr. A" teams. These are kids that should be playing Midget hockey, and wouldn't make a lot of Midget AAA teams, and are playing on Jr teams that many Midget teams could beat handily. Many of these "Junior" teams are just loaded with unskilled midgets and even more unskilled 20 year olds playing a lower level of hockey and fighting as much as their testosterone will allow.

So if you are playing on a good Midget AAA team (and I'm assuming you play for the Madison Capitals since you have the logo by your name), you are probably better off playing there and becoming the best hockey player playing the best hockey you can before you make that decision. If you are a younger midget and ready to play legitimate junior hockey (EJHL, NAHL, USHL, the Canadian leagues, and a few others), they will find you.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many junior teams get established and how much they pay to be called Junior B or whatnot, you still have to be talented to move up to the next level. Play for an established, reputable program, not a label.

jr.a rules are changing ot the amount of 16 yr olds u can take on a canadian jr.a team, tsn had the article somewhere. this is done to get kids back into midgets

and to be a 15 year old playing in the chl you need some kind of recomendation showing your the same level as the 17,18,19,20 year and its gonna be a rare site having a 15 year old in the chl

To be a 15 year old and play in the CHL likes Tavares next year you have to be classified as an exceptional player. To get this classisfication you have to pay the CHL $1000 to watch your child play and they will determine if your child is exceptional If they are ruled exceptional I believe you get your $1000 back but if they are not ruled exceptional you lose your money. Guess this is put inplace so all parents dont waste the CHLs time with scouts.

To be a 15 year old and play in the CHL likes Tavares next year you have to be classified as an exceptional player. To get this classisfication you have to pay the CHL $1000 to watch your child play and they will determine if your child is exceptional If they are ruled exceptional I believe you get your $1000 back but if they are not ruled exceptional you lose your money. Guess this is put inplace so all parents dont waste the CHLs time with scouts.

wow that a lot of money for assesments

jr.a rules are changing ot the amount of 16 yr olds u can take on a canadian jr.a team, tsn had the article somewhere. this is done to get kids back into midgets

They can still buy cards though, or have them as "APs" like they've done with Over-Agers I thought. I've also heard theres a shot at the age limit being extended so there isn't a limit on OAs, its just the last year anyone can play, and your team can be completely comprised of them.

I have a much better deal. Send me a video tape of your kid playing, along with $500, and I will tell you if he is an "exceptional player".

Yeh, i have a friend who was playing for the Junior BlueJackets and he played against that st. louis team. I doubt thats of any help to you but look them up and you might get some more info.