Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

How can I get quicker legs?

Youse guys have to be carefull with plyo. It is a lot more stressful on the body than it looks and you can really cause some damage. You have to be in good shape before even thinking about plyo (can squat 1.5X your body weight, etc). You have to really warm up first. You have to be careful WHERE you do them. Plyo up/down concrete stadium stairs will ruin your legs/ankles! Box jumps where you jump from the box down are VERY intense and for advanced users only. In general, the best place to do ply is outdoors on turf that gives a little, so your joints do not turn into powder.

There are lots of plyo movements, like skipping, that are pretty low impact.

Kovy

I took your advice and just bought that book off of ebay...thanks for the help

It all has started because of Theo, he told me about it and I decided to bought it and I want to thanks him for that, great suggestion. Best book for HOCKEY conditioning.

Youse guys have to be carefull with plyo. It is a lot more stressful on the body than it looks and you can really cause some damage. You have to be in good shape before even thinking about plyo (can squat 1.5X your body weight, etc). You have to really warm up first. You have to be careful WHERE you do them. Plyo up/down concrete stadium stairs will ruin your legs/ankles! Box jumps where you jump from the box down are VERY intense and for advanced users only. In general, the best place to do ply is outdoors on turf that gives a little, so your joints do not turn into powder.

There are lots of plyo movements, like skipping, that are pretty low impact.

Yeah also, after a couple months of plyo training, it's probally good to take a couple weeks off of plyos or lifting all together to let your joints and tendons catch up with you. I know I'm feeling great now after going to a camp last week and HNIB tryouts this week.

Kovy

I took your advice and just bought that book off of ebay...thanks for the help

It all has started because of Theo, he told me about it and I decided to bought it and I want to thanks him for that, great suggestion. Best book for HOCKEY conditioning.

Yup, our team has a personal trainer and everything he was saying I was already on top of.