Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sghockey21

Why do Inline Wheels have 2 bearings?

Ok, I've been wondering why all wheels have 2 bearings? Is it because we need to have lateral support for the wheels?

I've been thinking...why can't we have single bearing wheels with a different spacer? Not sure if it'll work but it'll definitely help lose some weight.

Justin and the other wheel guys, any ideas?

Im guessing it wouldnt work becuase the hweels are too thick for one bearing so if that were to work new thick bearings would have to be developed and i dont even think its possible with ball bearings. And honestly how much weight will be lost by taking off 8 bearings. Not even a pound would b elost so is there veen a point.

And honestly how much weight will be lost by taking off 8 bearings. Not even a pound would b elost so is there veen a point.

i agree, the weight lost wud be quite minimal.... but every gram counts when making skates and stuff. thats why some companies use the mini bearings. you get 1 gram lighter than another company and you can market your skates as being the lightest skate out.

EDIT: sorry for bringing up and old topic.

Wouldn't having only one bearing per wheel make it spin slower? Half the bearings would be responsible for supporting all your weight.