Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

rink rats and ccm

Does the setup of the ccm PF8s 72,76,76,80 have anything to do with the wheels ripping up quicker. As ive had the skates for just over a month now and the wheels have lots of little cracks in them. Im not heavy and im only 14 so i dont know why the wheels are wearing so soon.

i wouldn't worry to much the rink rat wheels unlike others will still grip good even when the little cracks start showing up. just take it easy on the stops... if you don't have to make a hockey stop and instead make a small turn then by all means make the small turn.

hey, yeah i play in the UK on wood floors all the time, what ive found is the CCM set up is no different to other, they still crack up the same.

but usually on wood floors you will still get a good enough grip when your wheels are a bit cracked, as long as there isnt huge chunks missing. my old dynastys were destroyed, but still had a fairly good grip.

luke playa, what team do you play for? i play for the oxford blues. do you play ball or puck?

yeah i personally find puck more boring because it is usually non contact but the main difference/problem i have, is that its a lot slower. especially if theres an off side rule. if you have the chance try ball, you will find it harder to start with but im sure you'll enjoy it soon!

LukePlaya what age group are you? were you at the GB junior trials on the 9th?

I used to get bored and ring on ball teams randomly, I don't know about on wood, but on sport court I don't think there's a worse form of the game. You get the guys trying to be all fancy flipping the ball up and such, it's a laugh.

yeah on sport court it isnt too bad, where you from MIK3? i just hate the fact that its non contact, and apparently the league that is full contact doesnt have as good teams in it.

I'm from jersey, the full contact league here has some pretty good teams. And when you get into narch and torhs pro it's "no contact" but really that's more or less thrown out the window unless you take runs at people.

yeah, here in England, the refs at the tournaments ive been in take ''non-cantact'' to mean, no fair hits, but slashing, cross checking, hooking etc is fine! i think thats why i dont like puck as much. just a few bad experiences.

i didnt think there were many ball teams in america?! well if any fancy coming over to oxford, ill set up some games!

wicked, what tournament is it? if its NSHL i think i might be going. what age group are you? i was playing at sheffield at the week end, its a pretty nice rink! i was there at the BiSHA GB trials.

Ash i play youth so i wouldnt have been at the gb trials and as for the rink at sheffield i liked it the floor was hard to get used to at first but after a while i was fine on it. Just a shame about the refs being so harsh in these tournaments up north.

O and i have played puck before but i play ball most of the time.

Im not sure what its called I play jnr and our snr team is playing in sheffield, it sucks for us over here coz we have no purpose built inline rinks we just play on wood floor.

yea well i think puck is way better then ball. But then again i played ina ball leuge and sucked so thats probably part of the reason. hey mik3 is the contact leuge in jersey the XIHL that you are talking about?

yeah i think peoples preferance to puck or ball is usually either:

-what they grew up playing

-or what they were best at.

that what i see happens most of the time. if any teams want to come to the UK to play a junior (U18's) team, or a senior (over 18's) team, pm me an we'll sort out a date. :P

yeah i had the pf6 2 eyelets ripped out in the 1st 30mins of use i take back they give me pf8s top eyelets rip out after 10games. hockeygiant said alot of these r commin back with this problem the top eyelets r too close to the edge of leather so they just rip out when u when u flex forward on your skate.luckily this time they gave me bauer 30-90 and no problems. i will only use a ccm ice boot with my own chassis there roller stuff is too cheaply made.

i personally dont think roller stuff is cheaply made..... i just dont think its really made for durability. In my opinion it seems that companies go for the lightest skate, or best performing skate.... but these have their drawbacks, which is usually durability.

i personally dont think roller stuff is cheaply made..... i just dont think its really made for durability. In my opinion it seems that companies go for the lightest skate, or best performing skate.... but these have their drawbacks, which is usually durability.

I just find it unfortunate that most companies that charge lots of money for their high end stuff , dont realy care too much about durability and it is now showing more than ever in their product. Some companies deny it, and others ( i.e. Mission) acknowledge they mess up and try to make it right.