Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Who's in the Best/ Worse situations right now?

I see detroit in a good situation if they can get bulin, they have alot of great talent in zetterberg, kornwall, datsyuk etc, not to mention there vetran line-up. Thats if datsyuk comes and plays for them.

Assuming they can get everyone signed and under the cap.

True, I also think that manny could get the job done in the pipes. Aslong as hatcher isnt' in front of him playing "D".

Detroit needs to announce their buy-outs before anything happens. They don't have room to keep their current roster, let alone add Bulin. It'll be interesting to see who they drop. St.L's in a similar situation, I look at Toronto, and it seems they have decent guys, just overpayed for them under the old system. The Rollback helps, but it'll be interesting to see who's let go. Latest rumour has Antropov and possibly Pony leaving, obviously along with Nolan (who's been gone since day 1).

I wonder about Thornton and whether he wants to stay or leave. There is obviously alot of rumours around him. Has he made a statement about whether he wants to stay or leave? Boston is obviously a much better team with him, and will do everything they can to keep him.

I like the young talent they got in detroit, thats the main thing for me. Kronwall and hudler are devoloping into a great players. I think Hatcher, cujo, wolley and maybe whitney need to take a hike.

I wonder about Thornton and whether he wants to stay or leave. There is obviously alot of rumours around him. Has he made a statement about whether he wants to stay or leave? Boston is obviously a much better team with him, and will do everything they can to keep him.

The only thing I've read in the Globe or Herald is Thornton miffed at being skewered in the media for the series against Montreal, when it was well known he was injured.

Other than that, the writers assume he'll want out because of the B's spending habits, but that doesn't completely make sense given the cap. Now, if the B's spend $30M instead of the $38M or $39M, then I could see big problems.

With the cap situation now, I don't think there will be a problem with the B's spending close to the cap ceiling. Their payroll for the last season topped out at around $45 million.

Keeping Thornton at least until he reaches UFA status is as much a box office move as it is a hockey move. Samsonov is pretty much the same thing.

hte wing WILL dump cujo, he's 8 million againstthe cap. manny should get the #1 job and give joey macdonald (min) the #2 job. it would leave alot of money on the table for other ufa. steve yzerman said he will go to team canada's camp and that the will be in traverse city when camp opens. but he did say that the deal has to be right for him and the club. he also said that he would not play for another club.

they most likely will buy out whitney(2.7). other in doubt are mccarty(1.7), hatcher(4.9). chelios may retire or play minor league hockey.

To tell you the truth, I can't really see Toronto being as productive under the cap for a few years. They have to build much more youth and prospects.

There are always players out there who would love to play in Toronto, they'll always have a good team.

Right now you cant really tell which teams will be good next year. Theres too much left to happen inbetween now and next season. Most teams will be remodling with some teams releasing players to get under the cap and there will be other teams who have already lost players due to free agency. Plus with the amount of free agents available next season who knows who will end up where.