Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Revision Wheels

I'm not sure which ones you're talking about. I'm guessing the platinums? I'm pretty hard on my wheels, and I'm all about speed. I weigh about 160-165 and I'm currently on an all platinum setup. They are great. No chunking, grip is great and speed is good too. BTW, I skate on SportCourt. I had an all gold setup, and I didn't feel too confident in them. Grip was ok I guess, but I slid a bit. Once I went all platinum, I've honestly had no complaints.

i had Revision wheels. I didnt think there was anything good about them. I got the new labeda genusses wheel and there awsome there alort but so much faster then any wheels on the market i have used. I play on sports court and stop left and right on them. theres no chunking on them and i am about 140 pounds.

Kov, I get tiny little cracks in my wheels. Very rarely get chunks. This is the way all my wheels wear, be it Revis, Labeda or RR Hornet. I am very pleased with the Revis. If money is not an issue, go for them. I'd say at your weight the all platinum setup will be perfect for u. You will get great speed and stopping will be a breeze. I have not tried the new Variant model though. A friend of mine has them and he said they are slightly better than the older model I have. Don't get me wrong, I was always very happy with my Labeda Gripper Lites and Millens. too. It's just I was in the mood to give something else a try so I did. And I have been very happy with my move.

BTW, I have been skating on my all Platinum setup now for about 25 games (most of last season, and some of this new season) and grip is still as good as it was in the beginning. Slight wear only. The nice clear color of the wheel has become a maroonish hazy color but it has not degraded performance. I will prob. use them until the midpoint of this season and get a new set.

We have 3 different hardnesses so that players can adjust the wheels depending on their weight and their skating style.

The Platinum "Kirk French" is 72a, built for players under 150 lbs

The Gold "Milan Hejduk" is 74a, built for players around 150-190lbs

The Bronze "Boyd Sutton" is 77a, built for players near or above 200lbs

If you are particularly hard on your wheels, use a slightly harder wheel.

Kovalchuck: how much do you weigh? What kind of wheels do you normally tear up?

I weigh ~125 lbs.....I tear up Factory Z-rateds, and crack to hell 76A hornets and hotshots...I even tore up my 78A Hornets but that was over a bit of time...

wow you much skate like a mad man... i'm a really fast skater myself but i don't tear up wheels like you do. didn't revision wheels have a no crack warranty? might as well give those a try and go nuts.. i would like to know how they hold up.

yeah i love my revision wheels. i've got the kirk french platinum wheels and they are just starting to crack, its been about 15 games or so... they lost their stickyness to them, but it took revision wheels about 5 games longer to lose that sticky feeling, i lost the sticky feeling from labeda at about 10 games, and the rink rat hornets about 8-9 games...

wow you much skate like a mad man... i'm a really fast skater myself but i don't tear up wheels like you do. didn't revision wheels have a no crack warranty? might as well give those a try and go nuts.. i would like to know how they hold up.

You said that earlier... ;)

The warranty lasts for 30 days from time of purchase. However, the warranty is void if you recieved them for free or as a prize give-a-way.

KC, you most likely recieved a previous prototype of the wheel. We have been slowly making adjustments to the wheel and we just made newer wheels with a better urethane just the other day. So please dont think that all of the Revision wheels will lose their grip that quickly...that shouldnt happen so I apologize. Send me a PM with your contact information for me please.

Kovalchuk, for your weight and skating style, I would recommend going with either an all platinum setup, or a platinum/gold mix setup. Those would be best for you. If you tear them up, just let me know and I will take care of it.

Thanks,

Nick

FYI,

Be careful of false retailers on the internet. Some people claim to be "ebay stores" and other private online stores. The thing is that most of these people do not have official relationships with manufactures as they may claim to have. They are there to just take your money.

For example, Kovalchuk17 purchased a set of old Revision wheels from a person who had an online ebay store for a very good price. The guy told him that he was out of wheels but he would be recieving a shipment from Revision Hockey shortly. When I spoke with Kovalchuk, I was surprised when I heard that because we (Revision) have no relationship at all with this certain re-seller. So Kovalchuk basically paid for wheels but didnt recieve anything. Also, buying product from places like that will most likely void any warranties that a manufacturer may have on their product.

So, just a word to the wise...know who you are buying from and make sure they are legit.

I'd hate to see this happen to anybody else.

i have yet to see anyone sell your wheels online but your own site though. If you could give us a list of people who sell your wheels then i'm sure it would help out a lot. if you plan on selling your own wheels then there should at least be a price break cause there is no middle man to deal with unless your wheels sell for $11US as retail which would be to much in my book.

I've seen a few places now where I could get Revision wheels, and they seem to be legit places. The one is at my rink, the other I think was at the Tab Ramos Center in central jersey. They had stickers and posters up in the shop, so I would assume they are good dealers. Anyone on the web, I would be hesitant to buy from. Kovalchuk got nailed with that unfortunately. Some people do have wheels and will make good transactions, others won't tho.

As far as Revision goes, like I said I've only seen them in 2 places in NJ. Not sure of their distribution elsewhere. Just ask Nick or buy directly from him if you're concerned. He's a real good guy and he will point you in the right/safe direction for sure.