Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Mission M-1

Mission M-1

75 Flex

Gaborik Curve

BLADE- I love the feel of the M-1's blade. Passes come off great, blade shoots like no other I have used. Very durable. 9-10

SHAFT/FLEX- The shaft is a boxy shape, but I like that about the M-1. The 75 flex feels a tad lower, so it is perfect for me, as I like sticks that aren't too whippy, yet aren't too stiff. 10-10 PP

STICKHANDLING/RECEIVING PASSES- The stick excels here very much. This stick handles and recieves passes like no other stick. I have used many other sticks, but the M-1 blows the rest of the sticks out of the water. I don't think I could use any other sticks but Mission after using the M-1. 10-10

SHOOTING- Wow. I have used Responses, Vectors, XX's, Synergy's, many shafts and a few woodies. But this stick is amazing when it comes to shooting. Absolutely amazing. I definitely have noticed a change in my shots since going to the M-1, and as I said before, I don't think I could go back. 10-10

WEIGHT/BALANCE- The weight isn't a problem to me. It may not be the lightest stick on the market, but it isn't the heaviest, and it doesn't bother me. The Balance is unbelieveable. This may sound like I'm sucking up to Mission and Justin :lol: , but it's really how I feel about this stick

DURABILITY- Absolute Tank. It too ka goof 6 months for the blade to FINALLY start to show some wear, and that is VERY good for a stick, IMO. I have taken many nasty slashes, but the stick still holds up as strong as ever. 10-10

INTANGIBLES- The "Beemer Blue" paint job looks very nice IMO, and I love how Mission comes out with the bright but cool colors. It now seems like they go for a Red White Blue scheme almost, L-2, M-1, Hex-1. 9-10

CONCLUSION- After using the Mission M-1, and L-2, I am really hooked on Mission's sticks. I really don't think I could go back, and I really would like to give the Hex-1 a try. 10-10

Wow, very positive review! :D Thumbs up Justin and Mission Hockey!!!

Mission M-1 100 flex

Reviewer

5'9" 150 lbs.

Other sticks used: CCM Vector 100, Easton Synergy, TPS R2

Usage before review 2+ months

My first high end OPS. I expected good things out of it and boy did it ever deliver!

Flex: 8/10 (Personal Preference)

While i usually prefer whippy sticks, I did not have any problems whatsoever adjusting to the slightly stiffer 100 flex. This stick has a long taper and it flexes uniformly and returns back into shape very well.

Feel/Stickhandling/Passing: 10/10

Mission uses a soft blade in the M1. It has both pros and cons(more on that later) but let's talk about the pros first. Feel is amazing with this stick. It usually takes me a while to adjust to new OPS because most graphite blades are very hard and I end up having to keep my head down just to make sure i still have the puck. With the M1, there is no transition phase...which is important because you shouldn't have to worry about these things in the first place. Passing and stickhandling is excellent because it feels like you're one with the puck.

Shooting:: 10/10

Of all the sticks/shaft combos i've used, the M-1 has the best "kick" hands down. Whether you're just a beer leaguer or playing competitive hockey, you will feel that your shot's velocity will have increased. Not saying that your 30mph slapshot will change into 80mph, but you will feel a change in shot power for sure. Accuracy is also very impressive with this stick, the shaft does not twist or torque and as a result, shots will be consistent.

Durability: Shaft [10/10] Blade [3/10]

I went out for a morning skate and took maybe 5-10 slap shots when I noticed that my blade felt softer than usual. To my surprise when i took off the tape, there were large cracks running throughout the face of the blade as well as the heel! I was really disappointed because the M1 quickly became my favorite stick and for this to happen...well it sucks! On the other hand, the shaft is one of the most durable shafts in the market. On what would be a nick or a heavy scratch on the Synergy, Vector 100, and R2..would just be a little paint chip on the M1. In the 2 months I've been using the stick it has been slashed and even stepped on yet it still looks pretty new.

Intangibles

The shaft shape is your traditional box shape...maybe a bit rounder than Easton sticks. It's all PP here so I'm just going to leave it at that. The M1's paint job is very appealing. The Beemer blue is eye catchy yet surprisngly not distracting when playing on the ice compared to some paintjobs we see out there (synthesis grip, TPS R2, Xn10, etc.). I wish Mission offered their L-2 in the Beemer Blue paintjob...I will be the first person to get one if they do!

Conclusion

Mission has created a very solid stick that can perform with the rest of the high end OPS out there. People who buy this stick will be surprised with how well this stick performs. Unfortunately the durability of the blade is what has turned me away from getting another M1. People who take wristshots and snappers should be alright, but heavy slappers is another story. But I think Mission has addressed this problem with the new Hex-1 stick. I will however, plan on getting an L-2 shaft in the future. If the L-2 is as durable and can perform like the M1 shaft, then I'm there!

6'2 190 Pounds

85 Flex, Gaborik Curve

Used: 16 months

Flex: All PP here. Luved the 85. Great flex for me. Found the M1 to have a beautifull consistent fluid flex. 9.5/10

Blade/Feel: M1 has a softer blade then most -- it was designed like this for a reason- to enhance puck feel while still having composite blade performance. It works well. It has good feel - almost a rubber - dampening feel to it when accepting passes and stickhandling - not as artificial and bouncy as a synergy-- or as ceramicy as the XN10 --yet still feels nice when passing and shooting. Some people have complained that its blade heavy-- i do agree it may be sligthly blade heavy - but i actually prefer this then having a blade light stick (xn10) - i feel it helps keep my stick more planted on the ice and i have more control while stickhandling. After 16 months of use its has gotten softer -- but it been solid for over a year. 9.8/10

Shooting: This is what i luved about the stick from the first time i used it. Along with the consistent flex i felt that on your snapshot and especialy on your slapshot you feel the bottom part of your stick act almost like a slingshot to propel the puck off your stick. Great release. Every shot you can feel it flexing and releasing exactly in the same spot -- very close to the bottom of the shaft. This is what i though made the stick. Very consistent, great kickpoint, and release. Oh ya and its shoots hard. 10/10

Durability: I found the whole stick shaft/blade to be extremely durable -- used it for over 16 months -- took about 1 year till i started feeling the blade go softer- and i just broke the shaft. For 68$ u.s i bought the stick for its an absolute steal.

9.8/10

Conclusion: Although i ripped the Hex 1 for being essentially a repainted M1 and terrible durability i felt like i have to give credit where credit is due. I luved this stick -- and again i luv the kickpoint and release --some people might say im crazy but i still havent felt that similiar slingshot feel on my Synergy, SL, True 1 or XN10. There has been many complaints about durability and the blade -- but i havent had any of those problems (My Hex is a different story)- all in all if its defect free its a great stick. 9.8/10