Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tri_19

Under your gear?

I'll have to wait a few months to review the "heat retention" capabilites when one of the rinks I play at reaches it's normal winter below zero temps. :lol:

I like the loose fit of Puckskin, because it's quite comfortable to just wear around the house. However, I think a compression fit might be a good addition to the line, as it could be slightly warmer in winter time.

Since I know the UA is slighly better than the WSI...

Really? I hated all of the UA stuff I've tried.

My wsi was dual layer and feels heavy compared to UA.

Since I know the UA is slighly better than the WSI...

Really? I hated all of the UA stuff I've tried.

My wsi was dual layer and feels heavy compared to UA.

Did you get the "pro wikmax?" I've never tried that but the regular has been great. The older design was my favorite but the new stuff works just as well.

I'll have to wait a few months to review the "heat retention" capabilites when one of the rinks I play at reaches it's normal winter below zero temps. :lol:

I like the loose fit of Puckskin, because it's quite comfortable to just wear around the house. However, I think a compression fit might be a good addition to the line, as it could be slightly warmer in winter time.

The PuckSkin is heat tested to -40 degrees.

We found that PuckSkin "fitted" vs. UA compression was the ultimate feel + function combination.

some tests have shown that compression actually release too much heat from the body which bring us back to that conversation about homeostasis- maintaining proper body temps.

The PuckSkin will keep you warm in the Winter whether you are playing Hockey or Snowmobiling, or Ice Fishing :)

Conversely, I know alot of players that have switched from wearing hockey under-shorts to the puckskin long pant because it does not overheat them and stays light and loose.

cheers,

gb

The Puckskin site doesn't seem to be containing much content. Is there somewhere else to find out about these shirts. I'm looking at getting a couple more shirts and thought I'd like to try them out...

Wife gave me an underarmor shirt. I have yet to use it. My feeling was when I took my gear off afterwards I'd want the moisture in the shirt and not my gear. Or is there something I"m missing? With a cotton T-shirt I do sweat a lot but I"m not uncomfortable.

Oh, I'm not sure why but this deja vue makes me laugh...I've been lurking on this site since the skate purchase of '04 and bought puckskin because of this VERY thread...It is an excellent product. My daughter used to get the occasional skin rash with a cotton t-shirt or UA but haven't had one since making the switch to puckskin.

Sonsplayhockey, her equipment is just as wet as it ever was, and gets properly aired after every use. I still get all equipment "fumigated" every July; but I swear it doesn't stink as much this year (using puckskin) as it has in previous years.

Wife gave me an underarmor shirt. I have yet to use it. My feeling was when I took my gear off afterwards I'd want the moisture in the shirt and not my gear. Or is there something I"m missing? With a cotton T-shirt I do sweat a lot but I"m not uncomfortable.

i wear a "wick" champion shirt. when i take it off it is saoking wet. i believe it is a cross between under armour and a normal T. i got it at target. i love it. only downer is that if i forget it in my bag, when i open it a week later it is still wet. ;)

Is Greg still around Jason? I wouldn't mind giving him a call...

I was told that Greg no longer has much day to day involvement with Puckskin. I have contact info for the new guys if you need it.

Wife gave me an underarmor shirt. I have yet to use it. My feeling was when I took my gear off afterwards I'd want the moisture in the shirt and not my gear. Or is there something I"m missing? With a  cotton T-shirt I do sweat a lot but I"m not uncomfortable.

i wear a "wick" champion shirt. when i take it off it is saoking wet. i believe it is a cross between under armour and a normal T. i got it at target. i love it. only downer is that if i forget it in my bag, when i open it a week later it is still wet. ;)

I second that. The only thing is, it's not only wet if you discover it a week later, but it's arguably the material that traps the most BO out of all the sythetics I've worn.

Is Greg still around Jason? I wouldn't mind giving him a call...

I haven't corresponded with Greg since the tradeshow earlier this year. From what I've heard, he's no longer associated with PuckSkin.