Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigmack

what to do with strip bolt?

Hi guys, Im currently using a labeda sensor frame and one of my bolts have been stripped. The hexagon shape for the allen keys is now a complete round circle, and it is even more worst now that i have tried to jam it with many tools hoping to catch an edge and unscrew the bolt. Just wondering what i can do.

Thanks

HI, what I do is

-Find a small flat head screwdriver (not much bigger than the diagonal length of the allen key indent of the bolt)

-Hammer in the screwdriver

-Turn and release the bolt!!!

Hope it works for you :rolleyes:

Or, you can go to your local hardware store and get a small punch. Then, use the punch and a small hammer to tap the axle loose. Point the punch in the direction you would turn the axle to loosen it. I am guessing that the axle is not that tight, so it should come out fairly easy.

I've seen drill bits advertised on TV which purport to be good at turning bolts/screws which are stripped. I think they were made by Craftsman which is sold at Sears.

yeah ive tried using the flathead but the metal inside is so weak that all i do is keep scraping out the metal making it worst. I dont know why the metal is so weak inside. Running out of options. At my LHS they said its going to cost about 15bucks to remove which i think is rediculous.

I've seen drill bits advertised on TV which purport to be good at turning bolts/screws which are stripped. I think they were made by Craftsman which is sold at Sears.

They are called easy out's (screw extractors) Your local hardware store will also have them.

easy out screw extractors

I have had this happen a few times

If all else fails just Drill it out, but be careful and take you time as not to mess up your chassi