Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Otto

skating treadmill

Yesterday I took my daughter to visit Ohio State, she is a HS senior and OSU women's hockey coach is recruiting her for 06-07. They have one of these. Has anybody used one? I watched a player training on it, it looked pretty cool.

Check this out.

Hockey_Front.gif

Hockey_Cords.gif

Hockey_Side.gif

My son and I have used one this summer. I can really see the stride improvements, and for my son, he corrected his weaker left-foot stride within minutes (or he would have been swept away!).

Some other opinions on the skating treadmill (Frappier Acceleration)

The trainers can work you pretty hard, too. My son threw up, luckily not on the treadmill, during one session.

I'm almost afraid to ask how much those sessions can run since it's not posted anywhere on any of the websites I could find. "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

In Vancouver, Cdn$33 for 1-time, and Cdn$24 if you purchase 12 sessions. Each session is 1 hour, with up to 4 skaters per session.

I think it's worth it if you are already a good skater. It's for refining technique (acceleration, efficiency, and speed).

That acutally sounds affordable. Who'd a guessed.

I might have to look into that when I become a good skater. :P

Man i'd love to get out on one of those. I think there is a 100% chance they dont have one in Nova Scotia :(

In Vancouver, Cdn$33 for 1-time, and Cdn$24 if you purchase 12 sessions. Each session is 1 hour, with up to 4 skaters per session.

I think it's worth it if you are already a good skater. It's for refining technique (acceleration, efficiency, and speed).

Where in Vancouver did you go?

For those interested in Vancouver:

Performance Institute, in Burnaby 8 Rinks, next to the Figure Skating Centre of Excellence.

phone: (604) 291.9941

They have assessment records from Pavel Bure and Martin Gelinas for you to try to match...

I did over the summer last year. It really improves your skating if your in a small group and endurance. It is EXTREMLY hard to keep going on it out of the 10 sessions I think "ralphed" 8.

Hey,

I've done the acceleration for 2 years now. It is definetly alot cheaper then any hockey camps out there. I have found it really improved my skating skills and well as endurance because as mentioned before it is hard to keep going. It is definetly worth it because as you go along the program and get better and better the sessions become harder and harder to push yourself to your max. I have loved it so much that currently I am a substitute for them just because of my age.