Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

USPS coveres damaged goods right?

Guest phillyfan
Both parties are correct, and no offense, actually, I think you are liable in this instance if no insurance was requested, and paid for. The seller is not liable if it was offered(I do not know if it was or was not) and it was not purchased, nor is the Post Office as nowadays, insurance to me is a given. How did you pay? If Paypal, they may have a way to help you as well.

Jack McCoy, make up your mind. First you say its fraud by USPS then you say it isn't.

Well my verdict is that it isn't. USPS gives the option of insurance for extra. If you don't purchase it then it isn't their fault if they brake it. It's like a hockey stick warrenty principle as well. Easton for ex has policies that reject a replacement, aka saying it is your fault not theirs (like burning blade). Same principle applies to USPS. Why should they be liable if they asked you originally?

Mrs. McCoy, please read the entire thread. At first, I felt that USPS is in fact liable, IF insurance was purchased. I had no idea at that time if it was, or it was not purchased. When I learned that no insurance was purchased, it changes who is at fault. At the time of the last post, it was the buyer. But, now reading the new post stating that insurance or UPS was requested, if he has that proof saved in an email, the seller is at fault.

Ambro, As stated, that's insurance fraud.

oh ya great comeback cheech

from reading th ehwole post you could tell it wasn't fraud simply because he didn't pay for insurance and used USPS

Comeback? Ha, that's dandy. I had no intentions of getting into a hissy fit with you, all I did was refute your original comment. The fraud comment was directed towards Ambro, as stated in plain black and white, "Ambro."

I didn't want to defraud UPS if it was illegal.  Once I found out that it was, I knew I wasn't going to do it.  And PayPal won't have to lose any money from this.  They'll refund the money from the seller's account.

You were under the impression that lying to a company in order to get $200 back was legal?

Not really. I didn't know if it was or not. I was asking to see if it was when I posted that.