Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

USPS coveres damaged goods right?

Both parties are correct, and no offense, actually, I think you are liable in this instance if no insurance was requested, and paid for. The seller is not liable if it was offered(I do not know if it was or was not) and it was not purchased, nor is the Post Office as nowadays, insurance to me is a given. How did you pay? If Paypal, they may have a way to help you as well.

Jack McCoy, make up your mind. First you say its fraud by USPS then you say it isn't.

Well my verdict is that it isn't. USPS gives the option of insurance for extra. If you don't purchase it then it isn't their fault if they brake it. It's like a hockey stick warrenty principle as well. Easton for ex has policies that reject a replacement, aka saying it is your fault not theirs (like burning blade). Same principle applies to USPS. Why should they be liable if they asked you originally?

Who said they asked. Maybe they just took the cash and he left. I've had that happen to me before. Then I asked if insurance was available and you could tell they never even thought about insurance. Anyways, they know that it's their fault though. They know they broke it. Why SHOULDN'T they be liable for it? They even stamped "DAMAGED IN HANDLING" on it. To me, that says "My bad. I'll replace it. Sorry." And not "I broke it, but I'm not payin' for it!"

Man Ambro your annoying with oyur arguing. First on the physics of T-blades where you were clearly wrong and now this argument.

It's the sellers/ your fault. You didnt pay for insurance, the seller didnt request/purchase it. case closed

If you're so annoyed with it, just don't read it. Is it that hard. And don't even bring up the t'blades. I think I'm right on that, but everyone else thinks they are right as well. It's not going anywhere.

Ok here's an idea that me and the sellar came up with. I would send him the machine back through UPS. He would recieve it, then file an insurance claim with UPS. They would refund the money and we'd both get our money back. I'm thinking that this is illeagal, and that I shouldn't do it. I'm not sure though.

If you're so annoyed with it, just don't read it. Is it that hard. And don't even bring up the t'blades. I think I'm right on that, but everyone else thinks they are right as well. It's not going anywhere.

print out the argument at school, show your teach, and then ask her who is right

the score will be ambro-0 MSH-1

Wait, so you're upset because the seller didn't pay for the insurance out of his pocket? If you didn't pay for insurance, why should he? If the deal was worked out and he didn't specify "insured shipping", then what's your beef with the seller?

Ethan told the seller to ship UPS, so it would automatically be insured. However, he elected to ship USPS, with no insurance and Ethan told him to purchase it. I looks as thought the seller is at fault here.

Wait, so you're upset because the seller didn't pay for the insurance out of his pocket?  If you didn't pay for insurance, why should he?  If the deal was worked out and he didn't specify "insured shipping", then what's your beef with the seller?

No, I already addressed this question.

I did request him to either ship UPS (which automatically has insurance) or just to pay the extra for insurance from USPS.

EDIT - Nevermind. Didn't read you question right. I did offer to pay for insurance out of my own pocket (If he did end up using USPS, which he did) after he told me the price would be $200 shipped.

Yea I payed PayPal. I did request him to either ship UPS (which automatically has insurance) or just to pay the extra for insurance from USPS. He either did not get the message or wanted to save a whole $2.50. Hopefully not the latter of the two... So I did request it, but it was not boughten by him. I believe he is at fault for not purchasing it.

This does not sound like you requested to pay for it yourself. It sounds like you requested insured shipping, but didn't request to pay for it. As the "... or wanted to save a whole $2.50" would suggest.

It's not his fault for not insuring it. You're asking him to pay out of pocket. So, if it wasn't specified that he'd use insured shipping, it's not his fault.

UPS only covers the first $100 of insurance.

Unless you have an email where you specified you wanted it insured, prior to him shipping the product, you're screwed.

Guest phillyfan
Both parties are correct, and no offense, actually, I think you are liable in this instance if no insurance was requested, and paid for. The seller is not liable if it was offered(I do not know if it was or was not) and it was not purchased, nor is the Post Office as nowadays, insurance to me is a given. How did you pay? If Paypal, they may have a way to help you as well.

Jack McCoy, make up your mind. First you say its fraud by USPS then you say it isn't.

Well my verdict is that it isn't. USPS gives the option of insurance for extra. If you don't purchase it then it isn't their fault if they brake it. It's like a hockey stick warrenty principle as well. Easton for ex has policies that reject a replacement, aka saying it is your fault not theirs (like burning blade). Same principle applies to USPS. Why should they be liable if they asked you originally?

Mrs. McCoy, please read the entire thread. At first, I felt that USPS is in fact liable, IF insurance was purchased. I had no idea at that time if it was, or it was not purchased. When I learned that no insurance was purchased, it changes who is at fault. At the time of the last post, it was the buyer. But, now reading the new post stating that insurance or UPS was requested, if he has that proof saved in an email, the seller is at fault.

Ambro, As stated, that's insurance fraud.

Mrs. McCoy, please read the entire thread. At first, I felt that USPS is in fact liable, IF insurance was purchased. I had no idea at that time if it was, or it was not purchased. When I learned that no insurance was purchased, it changes who is at fault. At the time of the last post, it was the buyer. But, now reading the new post stating that insurance or UPS was requested, if he has that proof saved in an email, the seller is at fault.

Ambro, As stated, that's insurance fraud.

oh ya great comeback cheech

from reading th ehwole post you could tell it wasn't fraud simply because he didn't pay for insurance and used USPS

Yea I payed PayPal.  I did request him to either ship UPS (which automatically has insurance) or just to pay the extra for insurance from USPS.  He either did not get the message or wanted to save a whole $2.50.  Hopefully not the latter of the two... So I did request it, but it was not boughten by him.  I believe he is at fault for not purchasing it.

This does not sound like you requested to pay for it yourself. It sounds like you requested insured shipping, but didn't request to pay for it. As the "... or wanted to save a whole $2.50" would suggest.

It's not his fault for not insuring it. You're asking him to pay out of pocket. So, if it wasn't specified that he'd use insured shipping, it's not his fault.

I really don't care what it sounds like to you, but I know that I did offer to pay for it. Also, there is no reason I should be the one liable for the damages. Even when he said the price was $200 shipped, I thought that was with insurance which was only $2.50 extra. Then, just to be on the safe side and make sure it was insured, I offered to pay for it. Obviously he didn't want it insured.

I hope you end up getting screwed over this Ethan, I really do. Kudos to the USPS for taking a big steamer in your Cheerios.

Whatever you want, mack.

I am just going to get the money back through PayPal. Even USPS said the seller was at fault!

Whatever you want, mack.

I am just going to get the money back through PayPal.  Even USPS said the seller was at fault!

Great, now PayPal has to foot the bill for something it had nothing to do with. No wonder why their fees are so high. I'm glad I'm not an eBay shareholder.

I hope you get dicked over too, after you wanted to defraud UPS.

Maybe they'll double his money back like when his whiney ass complained enough to Easton that they sent him two replacement sticks.

If you had bought it through your credit card, I am pretty sure you would have gotten your money back because the seller would have failed to deliver the goods in the state you bought it in. Because you used Paypal, I dont think you can claim that because your CC's responsibility would be to paypal, and not the seller. On ebay, typically when you buy something without insurance once it leaves the sellers hands it is no longer their responsibility (they only have to prove they shipped it with the correct postal address). However if you had requested insurance and were ignored by the seller to resolve who is responsible for paying for the insurance, to me that would be negligent of the seller because agreeing on shipping conditions is the responsibility of both parties, and you had done your part. I think if you could substantiate your insurance request with ebay and paypal, they will be able to help you out.

Whatever you want, mack.

I am just going to get the money back through PayPal.  Even USPS said the seller was at fault!

Great, now PayPal has to foot the bill for something it had nothing to do with. No wonder why their fees are so high. I'm glad I'm not an eBay shareholder.

I hope you get dicked over too, after you wanted to defraud UPS.

I didn't want to defraud UPS if it was illegal. Once I found out that it was, I knew I wasn't going to do it. And PayPal won't have to lose any money from this. They'll refund the money from the seller's account.

Maybe they'll double his money back like when his whiney ass complained enough to Easton that they sent him two replacement sticks.

Too bad I'm not a mod. Name-calling usually results in at least a 20% warn...

Yea I payed PayPal.  I did request him to either ship UPS (which automatically has insurance) or just to pay the extra for insurance from USPS.  He either did not get the message or wanted to save a whole $2.50.  Hopefully not the latter of the two... So I did request it, but it was not boughten by him.  I believe he is at fault for not purchasing it.

I really don't care what it sounds like to you, but I know that I did offer to pay for it. Also, there is no reason I should be the one liable for the damages. Even when he said the price was $200 shipped, I thought that was with insurance which was only $2.50 extra. Then, just to be on the safe side and make sure it was insured, I offered to pay for it. Obviously he didn't want it insured.

Requesting it and paying for it are two different things. And even though you thought the total price included insured shipping doesn't mean that it did. He really has no obligation to use insured shipping if it wasn't part of the original agreement. If he decides to accept your request, then he's being nice.

I didn't want to defraud UPS if it was illegal. Once I found out that it was, I knew I wasn't going to do it. And PayPal won't have to lose any money from this. They'll refund the money from the seller's account.

You were under the impression that lying to a company in order to get $200 back was legal?

Too bad I'm not a mod. Name-calling usually results in at least a 20% warn...

Too bad you're not a lot of things, like blessed with common sense. That's not even name-calling; that's a fairly accurate description of you. Calling you a whiney little bitch is name-calling and also accurate.