Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarlp

Labeda Sensor's... does any online shop still sell

Do you guys know of anyone that still sells this chassis? I searched the boards and found a few posts pointing to one site... but they no longer have them. HockeyMonkey and HockeyGiant don't... and my local shops that I know of don't have them either. Ebay... no luck. Is there any hope? :)

Keep checking E-bay. There's a guy who throws up a pair of small chassis every once in a while, I bought a pair and I've seen at least 2-3 more auctions from him as well. Usually starts at around $50, I've seen them as low as $65 (when auction ends) and as high as $100 (stupid me got into a bidding war)

if the sensor is so good, why doesn't mission use the design in their skates? supposedly labeda stopped making them because of Mission's patent right? So why doesn't mission use the 76 72 80 80 setup. Are 72 72 80 80's (Standard HiLo) the best design?

Keep checking E-bay. There's a guy who throws up a pair of small chassis every once in a while, I bought a pair and I've seen at least 2-3 more auctions from him as well. Usually starts at around $50, I've seen them as low as $65 (when auction ends) and as high as $100 (stupid me got into a bidding war)

That's a good idea. I'll add it to my favorite searches and have it notify me when something new arrives on ebay. Thanks for the advice :)

if the sensor is so good, why doesn't mission use the design in their skates? supposedly labeda stopped making them because of Mission's patent right? So why doesn't mission use the 76 72 80 80 setup. Are 72 72 80 80's (Standard HiLo) the best design?

My opinion from everything I've read on here the last couple of days is this. Mission has developed the Hi-Lo and really pushes that chassis. If they were to change their design and say "Well maybe a bigger wheel in the front is better then a smaller 72mm," it would just be bad for everything they've worked for at making hi-lo oh so popular. Also, they say the front two wheels are smaller for better manuverability... if they put a bigger wheel up there they couldn't say that. I think they're pretty much going to continue with Hi-Lo and nothing will change that unless there's a major new design that they can come up with.

But again... I'm pretty much a newb at everything involved in the roller industry so i could be totally wrong... just my opinion though.

sorry guitarlp,

I actually have a set of mediums I would let go for cheap. but i definately understand if you want a small. let me know send me a PM if you want them

. Mission has developed the Hi-Lo and really pushes that chassis.

Actually Mission bought the patent rights to a design called the split level chassis(basically the design which holds the patent rights for the "HiLO")....I believe in the year 2002...this patent was not owned by Labeda....However Labeda was the first company to heavily market the HiLo in the 72,72,80,80mm version. Kusak also sold their own version of the chassis but with 68, 68, 76, 76 mm wheel set up.

In the first year that Mission sold skates with the HiLo chassis, they were actually equipped with Labeda chassis....in 1997 I believe.... introduced at USARS Nationals in July (although they were probably also at Narch too the same summer). Still Mission was the first major company to jump on the HiLO design, but was followed quickly by the others. .

Following that first year, Mission came out with their own chassis's...Penetrator, Generator etc. The rest as they say is history

. Mission has developed the Hi-Lo and really pushes that chassis.

Actually Mission bought the patent rights to a design called the split level chassis(basically the design which holds the patent rights for the "HiLO")....I believe in the year 2002...this patent was not owned by Labeda....However Labeda was the first company to heavily market the HiLo in the 72,72,80,80mm version. Kusak also sold their own version of the chassis but with 68, 68, 76, 76 mm wheel set up.

In the first year that Mission sold skates with the HiLo chassis, they were actually equipped with Labeda chassis....in 1997 I believe.... introduced at USARS Nationals in July (although they were probably also at Narch too the same summer). Still Mission was the first major company to jump on the HiLO design, but was followed quickly by the others. .

Following that first year, Mission came out with their own chassis's...Penetrator, Generator etc. The rest as they say is history

So MDE3

Given all your experience, trials and errors, etc. I would be really interested to hear your choice on which is the best overall chassis for roller hockey. Hummer (All 80's with equal center of gravity to HILO), HILO, or Sensor. By reading your posts it seems you seem to be partial to Tour Products. But many on this board respect your opinion and would appreciate your honesty. Overall, accounting for speed, manuverability, accelaration. If your son could only wear one chassis, which would you pick? Thanks!

Del

I just picked up used sensors with swiss bearings and rink rat hornets (both brand new) for 90 bucks. Your best bet is to start looking for them at consignment hockey stores, etc. you never know whereyou find these things.