Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sonsplayhockey

what is "coast to coast"

Yup pretty much lol. Once I had a kid on my team that never passed but thought he was really good. Everytime he got the puck in our zone, he would take it behind our net, take a couple deep breathes lol and try to go coast. The funny thing is that he never really made it out of the zone.

The only time I ever tried going coast to coast was when the opposing team dumped it into my end and both teams started to change. I looked up and saw open ice to their blue line so I gave it a shot.

In that Sedin clip he should have been put through the boards twice but he have the wheels going.

I'll try it maybe once a season, if i have the open ice (since im Defence) but other than that i'll carry it up to the blue line and pass or red line and dump.

I'll do it when I'm fed up with my wings and centers repeatedly failing to do anything offensively.

Usually starts with me chasing a puck dumped deep into our zone. I'll whip around the net gaining a ton of speed and just go. It's pretty easy for me to get past the other teams forwards because they are all moving the wrong direction still. After that I can always make it to the far blueline and at the very least get a solid shot off from there. I rarely make it past the defenders clean (I've got no good moves, I'm a D-man.) I've scored quite a few times doing that. It's usually a good wake up call for our forwards and snaps them back into the game.

If our forwards are playing well, I never do that, I'll pass and let them do their job.

I'll do it when I'm fed up with my wings and centers repeatedly failing to do anything offensively.

Yea, i'll do it when the wingers are always out of position. Also if i am going up in the play with the forwards once in awhile i will go offside because they really piss me off with not passing it and try to skate through 5 players.