Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DDude26

Best Goalie Company

Who is the BEST goalie company that makes the best goalie equipment?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I disagree Mike the goalie beacuase ive had brians ,vaughns,kohos and Mckenneys but nothing is like these pads they are amazing. and plus the block and scoop are wicked..

Everyone has their own preference for goalie pads depending on their style of play. I know that in our pro shop we sell equipment from every company except Bauer. The RBK stuff has come back to us so much this year because it breaks so quickly. We have a pair from Alfie Michaud who plays for the Utah Grizzlies that he is sending back to us because they have broken down on him and he doesn't like them. He's going back to his Koho 580's. The RBK stuff looks alright and it has a ton of hype around it...but from what I have seen it can't stack up against anything that brian's and vaughn are putting out.

Pete will build you a great pair of pads but he isn't into the custom graphics thing. While he might do it I'd expect to pay a real premium for it.

::m

Over here in atlantic canada there is a Reebok craze, everyone has a Rbk hat and all goallies want Reebok stuff.

Just ordered some 34'' Mission Motion Pads and Gloves. I'll vote after a test period! But I am just getting back into it. In the past I have used pretty much everything except for Battram and Smith. So far TPS wins out, but we'll see if Mission can beat em out!

I made my vote. its hards because I were a mixed bag of equip. I got the sher-wood 9980 legs with itech 10.8 g & b. I was coming out of a Vaughn 5500 glove and having a horrid time finding some comparable. Luckily I was doing the mark downs for my LHS(my place of employment) and got first look at what was getting marked down in price. So I snatched those on a good deal. Also got my 9980's on mark down for less than half price. They are a little on the narrow side, but have performed very well, no complaints at all.

Without money being a factor, i think i would of leaned towards the itech 11.8 legs, but I also have a pair of TPS summit demo's sitting in front of me that I can't wait to try out.

Over here in atlantic canada there is a Reebok craze, everyone has a Rbk hat and all goallies want Reebok stuff.

Bandwagon effect

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search

The bandwagon effect is the observation that people often do (or believe) things because many other people do (or believe) the same. The effect is often pejoratively referred to as herd instinct, particularly as applied to adolescents. Without examining the merits of the particular thing, people tend to "follow the crowd." The bandwagon effect is the reason for the bandwagon fallacy's success.

Literally, a bandwagon is a wagon that carries the band in a parade. Riding on the bandwagon is popular since one can enjoy the music, conveniently without walking. The phrase "jumping on the bandwagon" is therefore used in the sense of "joining an increasingly popular trend".

The bandwagon effect can be observed in voting: some people vote for those candidates or parties who are likely to succeed (or are proclaimed as such by the media), thus increasing their chances of being on the 'winner's side' in the end.

In microeconomics, bandwagon effect is a technical term for an interaction of demand and preference. The bandwagon effect arises when people's preference for a commodity increases as the number of people buying it increases. This interaction potentially disturbs the normal results of the theory of supply and demand, which assumes that price and preference are independent. See also Veblen effect.

In hockey this is referred to as the RBK effect. Simply take all of your existing Koho, Jofa and odd lot products, re-label them with new RBK stickers, move production to china and change the production materials to something significantly inferior aka cheaper, pay professionals to wear something that looks similar but is substantially better in quality and performance, spend enormous amounts of money on advertising and the droves of mindless followers will come. See also Herd effect.

In science, the bandwagon effect is the phenomenon of scientists exercising self-censorship when reporting results that differ considerably from "accepted wisdom". For example, when measuring important values in astronomy, such as the distance of the Sun to the center of the Milky Way, published values tend to agree with the accepted value at the time of publication, even if completely new measurement procedures are employed. When a measurement yields a result at variance with the then-accepted value, scientists will check their methods and calculations repeatedly and delay (or even abandon) publication, while results that agree with the accepted value are published uncritically.

Without the bandwagon effect, one would expect that published estimates for such a constant initially show a wide range of values and then converge over time as measurement precision increases. In reality however, published values often cluster closely together, with the whole cluster moving over time in a certain direction. [1] shows evidence of this effect.

Great news! Battram is coming through for me. We got everything worked out and I'm very happy now. Interestingly, it wasn't until I prayed about it and was moved to forgiveness that things all fell into place. (I need to remember to do that more often). What's really amazing to me is that we went from two unhappy parties to three very happy ones. Boulder Youth Hockey Foundation got the set of gear that I wasn't happy with (www.kidsonice.net) as a donation from Battram. Battram has a happy customer and a tax deduction, and I am getting a new set of pads.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you all know. The Battrams actually are really great people. We just had a little difficulty to work through.