Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

How long till the Rust is gone?

For those who have left the game for a little while how long has it taken you to get back to your old condition. Not necessarily physical conditioning, but timing, physical skills, confidence, edge control, etc.. I haven't played a game in just about a year and a half (on ice at least) and after a skate today realized it feels like I don't have "it" anymore. I will be out as much as I can in the next 2 weeks before some try-outs, but just curious what a realistic time frame would be?

This is different, but when I was little I didn't play for a year, when i went back, I was playing houseleague. It really depends how much you're on the ice, and how determined you are to get "it" back. Good Luck ;)

i had the same problem you are having. i had to stop playing hockey due to concusions, and 3 years ago started playing after being out of the game totally for 4 years. took me about 3 to 4 skates to really get comfortable on my skates again. for the rest fo my shooting and passing skills they just came back little by little. just takes some skating and games to get back the feel.

It's all in your head, you can't be placing restrctions on how fast you're going to be getting it back. Just always keep a positive attitude, and keep driving, and your ice sense and everything else will come back quickly.

Went out again this afternoon, from the moment I stepped on the ice I felt much better. I'm not at the level I was before, but it is coming back. I think I jumped the gun a little bit last night with tryouts coming up and a really awkward first night, but I'm sure it's coming. I'll update the thread and hopefull input continues to come in, incase others in or come into a similar situation

I'm sure you'll get it back just give it some time. I know if I don't play any hockey over the summer it takes me a good couple of skates to get my skating back to normal

I'm usually one or 2 skates to get back to where I was. And usually those one or 2 skates are the first 2 tryouts of highschool :lol: