Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaptainFalcon15

Alright, got a dilemna

Alright, so on Tuesday I have tryouts for B/A2/A1/AA or whatever you can make. But also, everyday is football all the way till 5:30pm, and this tryouts right at 6:20. The team im trying out for is a club team not my school team who i can't play for till footballs over, so I gotta stay on the ice.

So heres the question: Do i go to football then right away go to tryouts, or not go to football and just tryouts? If so on the right away to tryouts what do i eat in between??? hmm... :rolleyes:

I would bag football practice if you feel you need to have a good practice to make the team. Then again, I'm not a football guy.

Go to football, and have your mom write you a note saying you have a doctors/dentist (whichever you perfer) appt. at 5:00. Then you can leaveat like 4:45 and have time to eat and go to the tryout.

Similar to Chadd, I'm not a football guy either. You'll have to decide which is more important to you and where you're better off at making the team. Should you decide to go to both, I recommend taking a banana (or several) in between for energy. You can also try Powerbar Power Gel for extra kick and energy. This stuff got me wired between back to back Inline hockey games.

I think it depends on what kind of day/practice it is for football.. If it's a nice and cool day and a light practice do that instead but if it's a hot day it will take more out of you and IMO you'll be a bit more laggy at the tryouts. But in the end it just rests on which one you want to do more.

I have a feeling this isn't going to be the only conflict between these two teams. I'd pick whichever one you really want to play for and eliminate the other. THere is no use half assing two sports, and its not fair to either team.

I think you're going to have to choose Hockey or Football. I don't think you will have the energy to be able to be at peak performance. You're supposed to show off your talent and make the cut. If you really want to make the team, personally I would just take the time to prepare for the hockey tryout instead of football.

if you really want to make a high level of hockey your going to have to miss football. i had the same situation this year. and i ended up quiting football to play hockey. youve jsut got to pick the one you reallly want to do.

Similar to Chadd, I'm not a football guy either. You'll have to decide which is more important to you and where you're better off at making the team. Should you decide to go to both, I recommend taking a banana (or several) in between for energy. You can also try Powerbar Power Gel for extra kick and energy. This stuff got me wired between back to back Inline hockey games.

What you said is perfect. I think that those Power Gels work so well, but they taste like $hit.

What you said is perfect. I think that those Power Gels work so well, but they taste like $hit.

Thanks, forsberg91. I prefer the chocolate tasting ones as opposed to the orange-chocoloate which tastes as bad as it sounds; however, the orange-chocolate has more caffeine over the regular so it's tough. Best to have plenty of water to down it with right away.

Thanks for the replies...last year i played 3 sports club and school hockey and 8th grade football...but then again im attempting to make a much higher level this year for the club team because frankly B1's too slow :P. This would be my last year for the club team too, because high school football isnt exactly middle school. So we'll see, im hoping for an easy football practice, or to get out early like ambro mentioned.

Thanks, forsberg91. I prefer the chocolate tasting ones as opposed to the orange-chocoloate which tastes as bad as it sounds; however, the orange-chocolate has more caffeine over the regular so it's tough. Best to have plenty of water to down it with right away.

I've never had one with caffiene and never will. I normally just have the vanilla one because its the best one without caffiene and caffiene just gives you a quick burst, but then you just crash. Same with Red Bull and that stuff.