Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NuggyBuggy

How should girdles fit ?

When I was 15 I was invincible as well...I'm done with this...If you want to wear a girdle great. If not, no big deal....I am not about to get in a pissing match with someone 1/2 my age.....

LMAO your funny....well seems like your a beginer too....because you must have gloves....girdle is completely up to you.....keep making fun of me...i really dont care how much i get mocked ONLINE....but....if you would read all of my posts on this topic and would understand that this is strictly under your own opinion....you wouldnt be such a d*ck. We all play hockey and this is a place to hear new ideas and share opinions...showing a little respect towards others opinions is not that hard. They thought i was the 12 year old.... <_<

.only beginners need girdles FOR INLINE....if you fall...witch you shouldn't much at all...it does not hurt.

It so happens that I am a beginner at roller hockey. I know I am not as good as everyone else who has posted in this thread, and I am sure that I will fall less and less as I go on. I have played much more ice, and when I do play on ice, I am not ashamed to say I am on the ice more than a few times and more often than not, it's not really my fault. So I don't expect that there will ever come a time when I will not be falling down - in fact, a part of me wonders that if that time ever comes, maybe I'm not playing hard enough.

Anyways it only took one hard fall on concrete, and this on the meat of my ass and not even on my tailbone, to realize that concrete hurt a lot more than ice and that I, beginner that I am, need some sort of protection, and that is why I was trying to learn more about girdles.

for some odd reason i find the better you are the less it will hurt when you fall... if your not very good then most of the time you'll fall either just standing still or going very slowly but i find that when you get better you tend to fall while your moving faster... the faster the movement the better the slide... like volleyball i guess. The only time knee pads come into play for me is he when i hit the floor hard on a stand still.. but if i do a running dive or a hard dive then my knees almost don't touch the ground. even in hockey when i skate backwards fast and trip on myself or something and go flying back first i always slide a bit and hit my head(helmet) and back more then my bum or tailbone. i hope that makes a little sense...

I dont wear a girdle, and have taken many hooks, slashes, shots and falls on my thighs, and still continue to go girdle-less. Theres no denying that theres none of that in hockey. If there isnt, you must be figure skating. Whats the reason for me going girdle-less? I just cannot find one girdle that fits me comfortably, so i have not worn one since i grew out of my last one.

I am a fair player with about 2 1/2 yrs experience and still wear a girdle. I didn't when I started and hurt my hip pretty badly from a fall, so now I won't skate without it. And I must say, if you've ever taken a slap shot or wrist shot from someone who can put power behind it, you would consider a girdle. (I've taken a few in the girdle, and it still smarts!)

Also, those of you who never fall, how often do you replace your wheels and what brand do you use? I find that as the grip wears, once and a while I slip while stopping and will take a fall.

One last note: I don't trust anyone out there on the floor to constantly be watching where they are going 100% of the time....collisions happen...and the floor can feel pretty hard.

Just my 2 cents with no flames intended.

i replace my wheels around once every 6 months(with top of the line wheels) and could be more depending on how much roller i play. i play mostly D so you won't find me going head on charge towards traffic or the net and i can out skate most people which gives me that extra time. another reason i almost never fall is that i don't go into the corners... :lol: hey it's just a beer league and i'm just playing for fun so you won't see me charging in to check anyone. my rule of thumb is, if i can't out skate them to the puck with time to get out then i'll let them get it first in the corner and i'll just come from behind or hold them against the boards. you could say i'm the biggest pansy on the floor or ice. :rolleyes: i do get into collisions once in a while but stay up most of the time in roller but on ice i fall almost every time. i don't anymore but i've played street hockey with rollerblades ever since they first came out so i guess that helps as well cause falling there or getting in collisions will always end up in blood. :(

btw - speed is everything to me so i always replace my wheels as soon as i start losing grip when i accelerate hard and not when i start slipping on turns. funny thing is that i haven't sharpen my ice skates in almost 6 months... (something i heard modano does) BUT it has nothing to do with me falling, i just don't have the same balance on ice as i do on roller.