Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar1

pros with t-blades

how come there arent any pros using t-blades if theyre supposed to be so good.

if there r any pros who r they?

Because pros have access to get there skates sharpened when ever they want, so what would the point be? Also I think it was ellias that tried them but switched back to regular blades.

Haha, sorry about kinda repeating what your guys post said, but I didn't look who posted and just hit reply, sorry about that.

If you can't get them sharpened well in your area, T'blades make sense. Otherwise, it's mostly hype.

I know a few people who have stated they are weary of trying them because they believe they will break easier. Also with higher competition they'd be switching blades constantly. JR how did you end up liking your T'blades overall? I take it you've switched back to Tuuks.

Guest phillyfan

John LeClair was using wood sticks forever. He finally, recently switched over to some sort of a composite. Wood sticks were working fine for him, and he saw nothing wrong in using a wood stick. Rather than switch and risk not liking something, pros will stick to what they are comfortable with, and they know works for them.

I know a few people who have stated they are weary of trying them because they believe they will break easier. Also with higher competition they'd be switching blades constantly. JR how did you end up liking your T'blades overall? I take it you've switched back to Tuuks.

I never really switched - I put them on my Pure Flys. I skated w/ them for experimental purposes - I really need to get crackin' on the spinning rim idea.

Arent t blades lighter ? And does it make a difference?

Yes, t'blades are a lot lighter because they do not have a solid steel blade.

Its not as big of an issue to them since they get their skates sharpened by experts when need be. I also believe not too many tried them. But I would figure there to be more then there is.

I remember in THN this past summer there was a big article about Dany Heatley and it showed that he had some on his Z-Airs, but then again I've never seen him actually wear them in a game.