Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrick74

hardness, do i want 62/76A or 62/78A

How much do you weigh?

What surface do you play on?

Which wheels have you used in the past, what durometer were they, and how fast did they chunk out on you?

62/76 is softer than 62/78

whats the difference?

I use hotshots (62/76A) and Im around 185. I have had no problems at all with the wheels, they still look new and Ive been on them for 3 months I think.

I think if you're over 200lbs, go with the 62/78A.

i weigh about 225. i play on indoor sportcourt and my orange(i think they are 76??) millenium grippers are about 2 months and are already starting to split down the middle. when i used my old 78's once during practice to see if they would be around the same i slid a lot farther and couldn't start as quickly. the softer ones don't last as long, but you get better performance.

basically what it comes down to is... would you rather have performance or longevity?

Believe it or not with the RR wheels you do seem to get both..2 months on Milleniums is great for those wheels..usually we found that the performance of the Milleniums had gone(3-4 weeks at 3 - 4 usages/week) long before the wheels were too physically deteriorated. Same with the Trinities, except maybe 5 - 8 weeks, before the performance fell off. We never used the Dynasties long enough to have a long term evaluation... they started chunking out in the first game. Put the Rink Rats back in as as soon as the problem showed up.

4 months and counting on RR wheels (Hornets 62/78's)..performance as good or better than new. Some light cracking (hazing) but no chunking, and no fall off in performance like the Milleniums or 03/04 Trinities. Original and current performance of the Rink Rat wheels is far superior in our opinion to any of the others we have tried, but have not tried the new Factory wheels yet, so no comment there.

I too can say Ive been on my rats for almost 4 months, they arent showing any signs of wear except for hazing and by far have been the best and longest lasting wheels Ive ever used. I dont even think about my wheels anymore for the most part, which is nice since I used to go through wheels every 6-8 weeks.