Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twistoffate19

Another iPod question

Ok, the battery on my iPod is now dead so I called Apple and they said I have to send it to them to be repaired. Is this nescessary, or do the places like Future Shop and Best Buy fix them?

Dead meaning the sucker wont work anymore. I tried recharging it. Didn't work. I did the "reset" you can do, it didnt work. I called Apple like I said and let them knwo what was going on, and they said it is the battery completely dead.

From friends who've had work, they've gone to Apple stores so unless you have one in your area it'll have to be sent in. I hear sending them in for new batteries means you don't even get "your" iPod back - just a refurb'd one.

I looked in a Future Shop flyer and Energizer batteries for an iPod Mini is $29.99. It mentioned they have a service that replaces the batteries too, but no quote on price.

Ok, so I got a refurbished one from the Apple store, but now when I connect it, it shows the battery with the lightning bolt with the first 3rd of the battery symbol full, but it is frozen like that. My dad had put-in Spybot Search and Destroy before I connected the new iPod. Would that be causing this, and if so, how do I fix it? If it is a different problem, please tell me how to fix it.