Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuzzifan44

bertuzzi fight

Just watched Bert get in his first fight of the year againt some minnesota wild player. Pretty much just a hugging match, looked like there was no way bert was gonna go down. Good to see him rough it up again.

Not to bad. I find Bert is next to nothing this year. He hasn't sniped and he just looks disinterested. Maybe the lackluster play on the Canucks has slowed him up. Thus far, I'm disappointed on how the Canucks have played.

I have been dissapointed as well, bertuzzi needs a fire lit under his butt, he is playing with very litte intensity and is doing nothing. The overall play has been below average for the canucks so far, especially in this minnesota game.

Despite the hype, the Sedins and Carter haven't looked impressive for the spurts I've watched. That Cooke - Park - Kesler line has been very impressive and it seems Morrison and Naslund are their usual selves though.

They're forecheck is terrible to start with. Anson Carter can be a bery good player but not with the Sedins. Henrik and Daniel are the worst draft picks ever by the Canucks. All they ever do is cycle the puck for half an hour doing useless stuff. I don't understand why everyone thinks they're such great hockey players. They also have put up sub-par numbers over the past three or ofur years they've been in a Canucks uni.

They're forecheck is terrible to start with. Anson Carter can be a bery good player but not with the Sedins. Henrik and Daniel are the worst draft picks ever by the Canucks. All they ever do is cycle the puck for half an hour doing useless stuff. I don't understand why everyone thinks they're such great hockey players. They also have put up sub-par numbers over the past three or ofur years they've been in a Canucks uni.

I disagree about the draft to a degree. It wasn't exactly a high powered draft. Havlat was a bit of an unknown an they have the best numbers other than him. Bad picks, or a bad draft? It just sucks to get the #2 and #3 selection and have them turn out like that.

1999 draft

Saprykin, Jackman, Semenov and Comrie have all turned out better than the Sedins though, won't you agree? I also think that the root of all Canucks problems is Cloutier. If they're going anywhere in the playoffs they need to get a new tendy.

I think Bert is playing timidly. I really think he's still shaken by the whole Moore/suspension deal. I would be too though. He gets booed in every arena, and I think it's a part of his life that he wants to forget but can't. It's really affecting his play. In the fight he wasn't swinging too hard, and I noticed when Henry the Wild player fell down, Bert didn't jump on him swinging. Lotta guys nowadays like to get some last licks in, which I think is dirty. Give him some time to start dealing with being back in hockey and people's negativity towards him. He's a good player, he'll come 'round.

Saprykin, Jackman, Semenov and Comrie have all turned out better than the Sedins though, won't you agree? I also think that the root of all Canucks problems is Cloutier. If they're going anywhere in the playoffs they need to get a new tendy.

You can't know things like that though. It's like Datysuk being picked as late as he was. Obviously Detroit didn't even have him that high as he wasn't their first pick. The general scouting reports had Daniel at #2 I believe and Henrik between 3 and 4 along with Brendl.

Then again, Heatley indirectly killed someone and it's not affecting his play at all, is it?

EDIT: Eazy, I'm recalling the Canucks traded someone/something for that pick, what or who was it? Also, your right: there have been some gems gone in the late rounds..wasn't Zetterberg a late pick?

Then again, Heatley indirectly killed someone and it's not affecting his play at all, is it?

EDIT: Eazy, I'm recalling the Canucks traded someone/something for that pick, what or who was it? Also, your right: there have been some gems gone in the late rounds..wasn't Zetterberg a late pick?

Well i think it does...at the beginning when he made is come back...he really didn't play well...now he is doing well with the sens but before this...heatley wasnt the heatley i knew before the accident..

The Canucks didn't go totally above and beyond to get both from what I remember. I think they had 2 and either 4 or 5. I remember Burke saying something along the lines of "I'm getting one of them, doesn't matter, If it's both or just one and Brendl, I'll get at least one" basically trying to force his hand into getting both.

Zetts was also a late.

it piss me off...i saw this trio playing at the pre-season they were explosive to i pick carter and D Sedin on my pool...now they are doing nothing lol!!!

By the way i think they(the sedin) are great player for the second trio and excellent player for third trio...

Carter is a great player I think. I just don't think Crawford is using him to full potential by putting him with the Sedins. Maybe Bert-Sedin-Sedin

Naslund-Morrison-Carter? I liked how Crawford rewarded Park - Cooke - Kesler by giving them PP time at the end of the game. Does anyone know why Brookbank was a late eddition to tonight's game?

The Canucks didn't go totally above and beyond to get both from what I remember. I think they had 2 and either 4 or 5. I remember Burke saying something along the lines of "I'm getting one of them, doesn't matter, If it's both or just one and Brendl, I'll get at least one" basically trying to force his hand into getting both.

Zetts was also a late.

The Hawks had one of the picks and got McCabe in exchange for the pick. They ended up drafting Steve McCarthy who is now a Canuck.

what really could be affecting bertuzzi's play is the fact that he played a non-contact Beer League where he probably didn't even have to try to be good. I think it'll be about 5-7 more games before he's back to normal.

I was at the game last night, he was booed everytime he touched the ice, had to take a faceoff, etc. He still seemed to control the play in the corners pretty well, but as some have said, looked a bit disinterested. Had a couple of plays where he had the puck w/ the boos howling and he feathered a pass only to be easily picked off by the Wild.

Once he gets accustomed to fan reaction, he'll probably be OK. He got nailed for a pretty cheap penalty early in the game. Although, it looks like there are a ton of these being called w/ the new rules.

I got to see Carter alot while playing on the Rangers. Now granted, everyone seems to come to the Rangers as a superstar with skill and leaves looking washed up. But I have to say, I was generally unimpressed with Carter's play. He was a 2nd line guy, got PP time, and I beleive some PK as well. I always liked when he scored cuz he seems like a good guy and tries out there, but he seemed to get lost. Never put up any decent numbers. 10 games would go by without a goal, and maybe he'd have an assist or two. He really hasn't been much since his days at Boston. I also think his skating is kinda lumbersome. When he was at MSU and then on Boston, he was quick young player. But as time has gone on, his skating sems to be waining. I swear he doesn't cross-over and simply turns his whole body when trying to maneuver.

I was at the game last night, he was booed everytime he touched the ice, had to take a faceoff, etc. He still seemed to control the play in the corners pretty well, but as some have said, looked a bit disinterested. Had a couple of plays where he had the puck w/ the boos howling and he feathered a pass only to be easily picked off by the Wild.

Once he gets accustomed to fan reaction, he'll probably be OK. He got nailed for a pretty cheap penalty early in the game. Although, it looks like there are a ton of these being called w/ the new rules.

You're missing something important here. Bert always gets boo'd in St. Paul. It's a little tradition for Wild fans. He's actually had alot of fun with it in the past.

The booing might get to him in other places, but probably not at St. Paul.

It might. I honestly can't remember when exactly Bert became the player Wild fans love to hate.

If I had to guess, I'd think it was more realated to the comments he made to Wild fans during their playoff series. It seems the booing really took hold after that.

Zetts was also a late.

The Hawks had one of the picks and got McCabe in exchange for the pick. They ended up drafting Steve McCarthy who is now a Canuck.

Good Call. I couldn't remember how they got 2 picks so high. I just remember the Brendl quote.

26-Jun-99: Vancouver Canucks traded Bryan McCabe and 1st round selection (Pavel Vorobiev) in 2000 to the Chicago Blackhawks for 1st round selection (later traded to the New York Rangers - Pavel Brendl) in 1999.

That was the knock on Carter when he was rumoured here. He just doesn't show up enough and floats a bit. I think of him as a 40 point second line guy postly. I think his valued may have been mis-judged coming from Edmonton. I mean when your a second line player, but getting first line minutes, your numbers go up.

they werent the worst draft pick but i do agree with you. these guys just like to make amazing passes and cycle the puck the whole game. they score less then 20 goals a season , they just want to score pretty goals.

Saprykin, Jackman, Semenov and Comrie have all turned out better than the Sedins though, won't you agree?  I also think that the root of all Canucks problems is Cloutier.  If they're going anywhere in the playoffs they need to get a new tendy.

Who knew at that point in time that Barret jackman would be a top 4 defenseman.

And Bertuzzi gets booo'ed in st. paul because he told minny fans not to buy tickets for game 6 because there wasnt going to be one. Then the canucks got killed in games 5 and 6 . Bryan Allen at 4th overall when Simon Gagne Alex Tanguay and Jonathon Cheechoo were all still availible. And im sure there were worse picks in canucks history.