Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSchultz

Beefy Shinguards?

So I had to give back to my brother his Gear shinguards circa 1996 or so. Maybe some of you remember them...they're all black, and beefy as hell. These things are wide, and thick. I play defense, and I never felt unsafe wearing these things, even with massive slapshots and nasty hacks coming my way.

So now I'm hunting for new shinguards, but nothing seems as burly as the Gear's. Even Missions new guards look a bit thin.

Anyone know of any super beefy shinguards?

Did Gear have anything to do w/ the Bilt Rite brand? I got a pair of Bilt Rite shins from ebay and they are wide as hell.

If you can find a pair of those, they'd be perfect for you. But good luck. As you said these are circa 1996-ish.

I just a pair of RBK 8K a month ago and found them considerably bigger and wider than my Jofa 6090's. I didn't feel a thing when I put them on and started skating though. From what I've read up on the board, a lot of people like the 6K over this due to the added ventilation and a better fit against your leg. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know as I just mail ordered this.

Yep, they were Missions gear dept, back when Mission was a good ol' skate company.

If you look at the late Biltrite gloves, they're 90% similar to the early Mission Icon gloves from 2000. My brother had a pair of their gloves, and shin pads.

Well, I went with a pair of RBK 4k's, and I like them. Pretty darn close to the old Gear's, but not quite as heavy. We'll see how they hold up.