Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

New Graf Pro Goalers

First looks at the new Graf Pro Goalers...

I got my wish. "Products You'd Like To See" post

~ No/greatly reduced elf toe :D

~ Reduced cowling size at the ankle

~ Cutout for mounting Graf overdrive blades (I believe they're called accelerator blades by Graf)

progoalerout.jpg

progoalerin.jpg

progoalerod.jpg

These pics were posted on my other BB and are receiving rave reviews. I'm also totally impressed with the new cowling. Definitely gonna give these skates a try once they hit the retail stores.

I don't have one here to compare, is the cutout in the holder a little larger now? They're a pain in the ass to sharpen because they never sit right on a jig.

Niiiice glad they got rid of that raised toe, that was a total hinderance to any butterfly style. They look awesome though, gonna be a tough decision between the Bauer Vaper Goal's and these Graf's!

y would graf make those cutouts for overdrive blades attachments (accelerators) while Graf knows that they're banned from a lot of leauges?? <_<

EDIT: Unless Graf made legal overdrive blades??? :o

y would graf make those cutouts for overdrive blades attachments (accelerators) while Graf knows that they're banned from a lot of leauges?? <_<

Under USAH rules there is no way they could make a legal OD blade.

They why did Graf make that stupid cutout? it's also illegal in Canda but can be used for ameteur hockey that's all. <_<

Because they're Graf.

the vapor may be more visually appealing but the graf will last longer. heres my predictions for the vapor XXX skate and the graf for life time for a minor hockey player like AA,AAA caliber and there feet have stopped growing

vapor XXX goal-1yr

750-2-3yrs

Re: the OD question.

I believe they are legal in Europe. The european Graf web site has had the accelerator blades listed there for a while. The only place I have ever even seen them listed as being for sale in North America was either Goalie Monkey or Hockey Giant (I think it was HG). Even then they were only listed on the web site for about a month and then disappeared again.

I do hope that retailers over here carry the accelerator blades too when they introduce the new skate. For people like myself that only play rec level theres no problem using them. (and there are a lot of people like me...)

As for goalies using them in the pro leagues....one screw and off they come. (or on they go :D )

KUDOS TO GRAF FOR A GREAT DESIGN....

Remember: It's not cheating unless you get caught. AND If you aren't cheating, you aren't really trying hard enough....

How on eath are they going to see the OD on our skates.... HMM I BETTER CHECK EVERY PERSONS BOTTOM THEIR SKATES FOR PREFORMANCE ENHANCERS ... LOL

y would graf make those cutouts for overdrive blades attachments (accelerators) while Graf knows that they're banned from a lot of leauges??

EDIT: Unless Graf made legal overdrive blades???

Re: the OD question.

I believe they are legal in Europe. The european Graf web site has had the accelerator blades listed there for a while. The only place I have ever even seen them listed as being for sale in North America was either Goalie Monkey or Hockey Giant (I think it was HG). Even then they were only listed on the web site for about a month and then disappeared again.

I do hope that retailers over here carry the accelerator blades too when they introduce the new skate. For people like myself that only play rec level theres no problem using them. (and there are a lot of people like me...)

As for goalies using them in the pro leagues....one screw and off they come. (or on they go )

KUDOS TO GRAF FOR A GREAT DESIGN....

Remember: It's not cheating unless you get caught. AND If you aren't cheating, you aren't really trying hard enough....

Well, u better hope they don't fine u a lot of money for using those ODs cuz they'll think u had them for a long time and cheating w/ them. :rolleyes:

They why did Graf make that stupid cutout? it's also illegal in Canda but can be used for ameteur hockey that's all.
Because they're Graf.

You know what when people say Graf it sounds like crap... lol! no offense Graf lovers!! :lol:

Well, u better hope they don't fine u a lot of money for using those ODs cuz they'll think u had them for a long time and cheating w/ them. :rolleyes:

I sincerely don't believe they would make any fuss. When Danny Battochio got pointed out using them by the London Knights equipment manager in the Memorial Cup he simply had to remove them...

What many people fail to realize is that the target market for most, if not all, equipment manufacturers is retail. That's the market of the average beer league or rec player. Most of the people buying in this market don't have to worry about USA Hockey or Hockey Canada guidelines.

Why would you make a mold that would make attaching an accessory that you sell more difficult. Simple answer is, make one mold, and those that can't use the blade, don't install them.

Why do you think there isn't a different shell size for every size skate. It all comes down to profit margins.

What many people fail to realize is that the target market for most, if not all, equipment manufacturers is retail. That's the market of the average beer league or rec player. Most of the people buying in this market don't have to worry about USA Hockey or Hockey Canada guidelines.

Why would you make a mold that would make attaching an accessory that you sell more difficult. Simple answer is, make one mold, and those that can't use the blade, don't install them.

Why do you think there isn't a different shell size for every size skate. It all comes down to profit margins.

Most equipment sales are for youth hockey, most of that is under USAH or HC rules.