Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SR27

Arena called "Rinx"

Anyone from Ontario able to help me? I´m trying to locate an Arena in Ontario called "The Rinx". Supposedly a ball hockey arena mainly. I got no clue what City that is even.

Thanks man. Arenamaps, I see. Never heard of that site. North York is closer to Toronto than to Ottawa, right?

Edit: thanks to both of you!

Okay, great. It´s still somewhat in the early stages but I will prob. go there in January and need to arrange for flights and a hotel, etc. I had no idea where that place is. :rolleyes:

Thanks man. Arenamaps, I see. Never heard of that site. North York is closer to Toronto than to Ottawa, right?

Edit: thanks to both of you!

North York is a municipality of Toronto so yes the Rinx is a part of Toronto.

The Rinx has both rollerball and ice hockey rinks. I never played ball hockey there but the ice rink is small and the ice is considered by many to be not great either.

The Rinx is about a 20-30 minute drive from downtown depending on what time you go (rush hour is pretty bad).

That´s why I love this board. I´ll be there for some ball so I don´t care about the ice either....probably going to the HHOF, and some Leafs game as well oh yeah and of course get a some new gear, too. B)

That´s why I love this board. I´ll be there for some ball so I don´t care about the ice either....probably going to the HHOF, and some Leafs game as well oh yeah and of course get a some new gear, too. B)

You might also want to consider watching the Toronto Marlies (AHL), the Toronto Maple Leafs minor league team. They are not bad to watch and very cheap, tickets are as low as $10 CDN and there is not a bad seat in the arena.

http://www.torontomarlies.com/

I´ll consider that. If this works out as planned my schedule will be pretty tight I guess. I just got +/- 5 days to stay there and probably play alot as well.

That's where i play my ball hockey. Crappy place though. If your playing ball, make sure you lob the cross floor passes as there is a crack in the floor and will send your pass into the air. It has cost us many probable goals but also saved some from being scored against us.

That's where i play my ball hockey.  Crappy place though.  If your playing ball, make sure you lob the cross floor passes as there is a crack in the floor and will send your pass into the air.  It has cost us many probable goals but also saved some from being scored against us.

Really? So you play in the YCBHL or just for fun? I know a guy who is playing there and he organizes our national team as well so I´m planning to go there for holliday and combine that with a little camp/try out/getting to know the guys.

Wow, Rinx. The absolute WORST place to play ball hockey.

And I should know. Played there for 4 years.

Dark, dingy, small. What a hell hole.

Want a better ball hockey league? Come play United Ball Hockey League in Mississauga. Probably the best league in Ontario for the summer. And if you want now, go to Ultimate Sports Centre in Brampton for Winter Ball Hockey.

And if you ever see the Mississauga Blackhawks play, watch out. We're gunning for Provincials this year!!!

Phil