Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaverickFBI

9500 v 10000

I know : I have no originality <_<

But that's the choice I am facing.

But 150 $ ?

I need to be convinced here.

My guess : lighter and more high tech

But i have doubts about the wheels : Hyper ?!?

and about the micro bearings... :angry:

I dont want to put an additional 150$ to have more flashy skates : I want better skates. B)

Justin can you help me on this ?

According to Justin, they are in a league all their own. Ligher, the wheels are extremely light and grippy, liner is some Japanese clarino, chassis is Magnesium so it's lighter and stronger.

My 9500s are a great skate. No question. If had the extra 150, I would get the 10000s. What the hell ya know?

I suppose the difference for the 150 comes due to the chassis, the wheels, the liner. Other than that, it's essentially the same skate. But chassis, wheels, and liner are a tremendous upgrade from the 9500s, and probably worth the $150.

The final question you need to ask yourself is, do you really need $20each wheels, magnesium chassis, and Japanese clarino liner?

add in Carbon fiber outsole (lighter and stiffer), better internal stiffners, and better bearings (true titanium ball bearings)...

Both are good boots...You can't get wrong with any of this year's skates...

Justin I had D1c's back in the day along with a teammate of mine.

I got mine baked, he didn't, and the boot got softer alot quicker and broke down and ripped at the outsole (common problem if I recall).

We both agreed (rest of team did too) his hold up much better due to the fact he didn't get them baked. Been skating in pump's so no bakeing but now when I'll revert to the 10000's that option will reappear.

Have an abnormal bone on the inside of my left foot (sesamoid bone) which pretudes quite a bit.

CCM/Rbk advise not to bake skates, even says so on CCM's website, ánd from my personal experiance I would agree. Looking for an unbiased opinion from someone well aquinted with the boot. Should I bake them or break them in the normal way? Have heard some people say you "almost" have to bake them being so stiff and all.

If you got a brand new pair tomorrow would you bake them or not? and why?

Very intrested in your opinion. thanks!

If baking is done correctly, then there is now harm done to the boot...The problem is alot people don't follow directions or told incorrectly.

1. Remove footbeds and make sure the skate is already laced

2. Put in oven for 7 minutes (5-6 is the oven is already hot)

3. Put foot beds back in

4. Unlace skate, so that you can easily get your foot in. You don't want to try and shove your foot in.

5. Tighten the laces. Make sure you pull out straight and not up. If you pull up, you can stretch the eyelets and cause the eyelets to come apart or break

6. Sit for 10 minutes. Do not kick your heel hard, but make sure your heel is in the pocket. Sit straight, don't flex your ankles or move your feet around. Imagine you have your feet in casts.

7. Stand up for 1 minute, but do not flex at all....Stand straight and don't move

8. Sit back down until boots have cooled (5-10 minutes more).

9. Unlace skates completely, so that your foot slides out with no effort

10. Let skates sit for 24-48 hours

11. Go skate

I have the 9500's and I when I got them I decided to bake them. Even with puting them in the skate bake oven, I found the boots were still very stiff and needed more breaking in. I have been skating on the skates since late june/early july at least 4 times a week, not including any tournaments, or open hockey and the boot is holding up fine. It is still very much like new.

I think it's wheel specific. Some you can, some you can't...or so I beleive. I tend to just take them out anyway.

LOL! Yeah I think that's a smart thing.

I'm pretty sure some wheels are ok though. The directions for baking will usually indicate what you should do. I don't recall my buddy taking off his Dynasties when he got his D1s baked a few years ago.