Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-MaN88

Looking for some opinions?

Hey,

Alright, I've been told I can get a pair of skates for Christmas for the upcoming season. Problem is, no place and I mean no place around here carries any roller gear at all. What I'm asking is on your opinions on some skates to look at that are out or coming out now and around christmas time. My foot type is narrow heel, wide forefoot, and a flat arch. Currently have 8K's for ice. Thanks again, I mean I wish I could just go try a bunch of models on, but living in Indiana, there's not really that hockey market. So again, any help, advice, and opinions are great and greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

D-MaN88

Well I would recommend either the HiHo silver I or II, and you can probably find it at clearance prices as well. I currently own a pair of HiHo silvers with Hummer chassis and they are sooooo comfy. I basically got the same type of foot you have, flat arch, wide forefoot and narrow heel.

If you don't like Nike products, another option would be Tour Code1 or Beemer. I'm not too sure how the boot fits, but the Hummer chassis is unbelieveable. You definitely noticed the speed difference between all 80mm wheels compared with a hi-lo setup.

tour is still running that great chassis deal if i'm not mistaken. labeda chassis, bearings, high end wheels, and mounting for $100. Thats always an option if you wanted to get another ice boot and convert them through the mail. Might be safer than blind-buying a skate without trying it on. just throwing out an option...