Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveTheWave

Reasonable Price to Custom Convert Skates

What is a reasonable price for conversion? I have a pair of Vapor XX and a Mission chassis and I want to take off the Tuuk and replace it with the Mission.

My LHS says the service will cost $40, which I thought was too high.

Usually around $30 to strip and mount a chassis, sometimes just depends on how much works involved or some shops do cost by how many rivots go into the skate...Since its your LHS maybe you could talk them down a little bit, but $40 is not to far out of the ball park to be considered a rip off.

I've seen a few different price ranges, but its usually between $20-$40. But I think if anything happens, like for example some rivets come loose or something...I think they will fix it free, so I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

I've seen it range anywhere from $20-$40 localy. $40 isn't bad if they do a good job. If you didn't buy the skates or chassis from them, I wouldn't expect it for less then $40.

It really depends on the person, I went to a LHS that I support and asked one guy who always gets stuff done fast..he said $20...went back another day when employee #2 was there he was saying it might be a while, $40...just didn't want to do it...i told him I'd give him $10 for use of the riveter, drill etc and do it myself if he wanted...

I've done this several times at it's usually around $25-$30. Usually your LHS will take care of you if you take care of them (buy the skates there.)

Exactly. Buy it from me and it's $10 or so. Bring me stuff you found elsewhere and it's probably going to be closer to $40 and be at least 24 hours.

I've got my own supplies... everything including wheels.

The Vapor XX is a complete skate and the chassis is new from the box.

I want a good job done, one that will last and not rust over. Are there any shortcuts or substitutions that LHS' take to look out for?

I just had a customer ask me about this tonight. At the prices that have been quoted, would wheels be included, or would it just be the runners?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I understood the question correctly but the prices that have been quoted of $10-$40 is basically the labor (and rivets) to remove the ice holder and install the inline chassis/runners. The chassis would already be pre-purchased unless the shop carried them.

I just had a customer ask me about this tonight. At the prices that have been quoted, would wheels be included, or would it just be the runners?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I understood the question correctly but the prices that have been quoted of $10-$40 is basically the labor (and rivets) to remove the ice holder and install the inline chassis/runners. The chassis would already be pre-purchased unless the shop carried them.

Sorry if I was confusing.

When the ice holder is swapped out to an inline chassis/runner will it include the wheels -- at the $20-$40 price -- or would someone have to purchase the wheels additionally?

usually, the cost of $20-$40 is purely for the labor, thing like wheels and the chassis will cost extra. if you buy the stuff from the LHS then they might cut the labor costs down.

usually, the cost of $20-$40 is purely for the labor, thing like wheels and the chassis will cost extra. if you buy the stuff from the LHS then they might cut the labor costs down.

Correct.