Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaucoup_fish

LH/RH Debate & Dominance of Nations

RH can put it low glove side really well though

and lefties can't???? its not about what hand you are, its about knowing how to aim when you shoot!!!

shooting angles are different. Goalies will rarely line up true to the puck, so it makes it different from each side.

thanks, my english did not allowed me to write that, but that'S exactly what I wanted to say.

Alot of crazy countries compete in Inlinehockey, know (and played against) quite a few people from Ecuador aswell.

The Japanese were actually quite good... :lol:

I can swing a baseball bat righty or lefty.. I get more power from the right side, but better contact from the left.. Other than that, I do EVERYTHING right handed..

Golf, hockey, tennis, shooting a basketball, throwing a baseball, playing guitar, clicking a mouse.. I can't imagine doing any of those things lefty..

Shooting angles depend on where you're at, not which way your stick curves. A lefty on the right side of the ice will have the same angles that a righty on the left side of the ice.. If you're aware of your handed-ness and how that affects your shooting & passing, you can compensate for that in your approach to a play..

Yes your angle on the goal is the same no matter what side you shoot, common sense, but a goalie is assymtrical (i.e. stick side takes up more space than the glove side) so you have move room to pick a spot/snipe as a RH comeing in from the right side (Glove side) than a Lefty comeing in from the left (Blocker side) giving that most goalies have a lefthanded glove.

All the RH's on my team agree, and they feel it's an advantage.

Shooting angles depend on where you're at, not which way your stick curves. A lefty on the right side of the ice will have the same angles that a righty on the left side of the ice.. If you're aware of your handed-ness and how that affects your shooting & passing, you can compensate for that in your approach to a play..

Assuming the goalie is consistantly square tot he puck, which is difficult for most to do. Generally goalies will cheat a certain way, and may not adapt as fully to a RH player as a LH player. If the goalie lines up to my body (I'm a LH shot) and not the puck, the left side of the net is more open than it appears, the opposite is true for RH shots.