Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asdfa

Composite Outsoles

would it damage the outsole of a skate if i drill several, very small holes into it? i have a pair of Supreme 8090's

Guest phillyfan

Depends how far or close they are spaced out, and how many several is. But, it shouldn't really damage the structure of the outsole, maybe some ice melting to water through the holes during use though. Why are you drilling anyway?

when i start playing again (usually 6 times a week) my skates don't always have time to air out and dry, so i the holes would let some of hte sweat drain

6 times a week? Iam jealouse. Iam on a sumemr hockey team and in a summer hockey program and I only get on 2 ties a week, 3 at most unless I have a tournament. lucky basterd.

About the question though, I dont think it will cause any harm to the skate. I have holes in mine just from ware and tear. (had my skates for 4 years). And it doenst effect me at all.

Guest phillyfan

Sometimes, as much as opening up a window will speed the process up. When I have games day in, day out, I usually throw my equipment in the garage, open the side window, and turn on the fan. Dries quite fast.

i don't mean 6 times a week for summer hockey, but i will be going to a camp for 2 weeks.

does anyone know if the outsoles on the zair comps actually drain moisture?

would it damage the outsole of a skate if i drill several, very small holes into it? i have a pair of Supreme 8090's

Before you do anything I'd wait for JR to reply. He knows his stuff. :)

Doesnt hurt the skates in the least. Every Pro player does this to allow extra moisture to get out of the skate.

Eric Lindross has 36 holes in each skate.

You beat me to it. My friend who ordered those pro return 7000s already had holes drilled in his.

asdfa, I do them to all of my skates. Just take a 5/32" drill bit (same size as for rivet holes) and drill them between the holder towers, from the inside of the boot.

Before you do anything I'd wait for JR to reply. He knows his stuff. :)

ok I could swear I typed a response twice now???

some of the older 7000s and 5000s I've seen have 5 holes in between the holder towers in the shape of a cross. They were seconds but even still, I don't think it damages the skate