Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

What do ya think?

Ok here's the story...

You all probably know I've ordered my Sande 980 gloves through Corebeam. Anyways, because of the actions #17 has taken lately, I have decided that I do not want to spend any money there at all, so I am working on getting my money refunded for those gloves from him, and just getting the exact gloves through an authorized Sande dealer. So basically, I'm just trying to let #17 earn as little money as possible.

So what do you guys think of the idea? Shall go through with the plan to screw #17 over or is it not worth it? Looking for opinions here...

P.S. - I know some of you already know about this sneaky, evil plan of mine... I'm just seeing what others think.

Just wait for your gloves. Either way, what are you gaining? You either have to wait a little more, or wait another 6-8 weeks (or however long it takes for the gloves). It's not as if it's his fault that it's taking this long anyways. It could end up taking this long all over again. There's no point of going out of your way, wasting a ton of time just to be an ass.

A lot actually (I think...). The gloves only cost about $110 (again, I think...) and I paid #17 $145. Knowing him though, he'll say they cost $140...

So are you saying he charged you more then you would normally pay? Find out then. If yes, and you don't mind waiting, then go ahead and get them from somewhere else. If it's a $10 or so difference, think if it's worth the wait. If the price is the same, there's no reason in being an ass.

Just wait for your gloves. Either way, what are you gaining? You either have to wait a little more, or wait another 6-8 weeks (or however long it takes for the gloves). It's not as if it's his fault that it's taking this long anyways. It could end up taking this long all over again. There's no point of going out of your way, wasting a ton of time just to be an ass.

No no you don't understand. I wouldn't wait for them to make new gloves. I'd get the same gloves that are already done, just from a dealer. Since they are all done already, no extra time would be used, so I'd get them in the same time anyways. I would just get my money refunded from #17, and then pay a dealer (I am thinking hehatemefrisbee since he owns a Sande-dealing shop...) and get the gloves anyways.

So now that all the details are sorted out, what do you think now?

I posted just before you. I guess what I said applies.

Another problem with the idea might be that Sande won't release the gloves to another retailer. This is because they are already paid for, and will be sent to whomever paid for them (in this case, 17).

So are you saying he charged you more then you would normally pay? Find out then. If yes, and you don't mind waiting, then go ahead and get them from somewhere else. If it's a $10 or so difference, think if it's worth the wait. If the price is the same, there's no reason in being an ass.

No. You know that dealer cost is much less than MSRP. MSRP is $140 I believe, and I was charged $145 shipped because of the custom add-ons I got. So he is probably only paying around $110 total, so he is profitting about $35. I don't want him to profit at all, so I want to get them through someone else.

I posted just before you. I guess what I said applies.

Another problem with the idea might be that Sande won't release the gloves to another retailer. This is because they are already paid for, and will be sent to whomever paid for them (in this case, 17).

I don't think they are paid for yet, and if they are, there is a way to change that. I am not doing it to be an ass, but rather because I don't want #17 to make money from me.

His price is including the cost of shipping. But I don't know where it gets shipped from so I can't guess on the price of that. It might come out to be around the same price but you can only make an estimate. I actually don't think that #17 is getting much profit out of this but if you are that keen on getting your refund, and possibly saving the $35 difference, go through your local dealer even if it will take a lot longer to get to you.

Wait, so are the gloves custom at all? Or are they just regular gloves? I agree with Eric, if you're doing it just to be an ass, I dont think its worth it.

Yes. The retail gloves are only $85 for dealers, but I got nylon, name on cuff, embroidery, and air knit gussets, so I used each add-on costs and added that to the original price of $85 to get $110.

His price is including the cost of shipping. But I don't know where it gets shipped from so I can't guess on the price of that. It might come out to be around the same price but you can only make an estimate. I actually don't think that #17 is getting much profit out of this but if you are that keen on getting your refund, and possibly saving the $35 difference, go through your local dealer even if it will take a lot longer to get to you.

Why is this so hard to understand? It will NOT take longer to get them. The ONLY difference is that #17 would not profit off of this, but a Sande dealer would. I might even save money on this... I don't quite know yet.

I'm almost sure that Sande is paid before they produce the glove.

You're right, but I'm sure if Sande knew they'd get money anyways, they'd give the money back to #17 to give to me, and I could pay the dealer. Hockeyshark canceled his order and I know he got his money back. I don't know why I couldn't do the same.

Forget the time it'll take. Before Sande starts manufacturing the glove, they may need to receive the money first. This means, that regardless of you getting your refund or not, they will ship the gloves to 17. You will not get the refund directly from Sande, but rather from 17. Sande themselves would not refund a custom glove order after it's already made. That means that you get a refund, 17 gets your gloves and can do whatever he wants with them. You end up where you started.

You're right, but I'm sure if Sande knew they'd get money anyways, they'd give the money back to #17 to give to me, and I could pay the dealer. Hockeyshark canceled his order and I know he got his money back. I don't know why I couldn't do the same.

I posted while you were typing again :P

Hockeyshark is a perfect example of what I'm trying to tell you. He got his refund directly from 17. 17 ended up still having to pay for the gloves. He ended up receiving the gloves and puting them up in the shop.

Nope. #17 never handles any gloves except his own. The gloves are shipped directly from the factory to the person. So I'd get the money back, the gloves would stay with Gary Sande, he would ne desperate to get rid of them, I'd get them through a dealer, he'd sell them to that dealer, but would send them to me. So either way I would get the exact same gloves.

I posted while you were typing again :P

Hockeyshark is a perfect example of what I'm trying to tell you. He got his refund directly from 17. 17 ended up still having to pay for the gloves. He ended up receiving the gloves and puting them up in the shop.

But since Gary Sande will know that he'll sell the gloves anyways, he won't mind refunding #17 the money, and I'll get that back, pay a shop, and I'll get the gloves.

Just wait for your gloves. All you're doing is creating a pain in the ass for everyone involved. I really doubt Gary would do it to.

I've emailed Gary already, and am waiting for a reply. If he says it's possible, I'm doing it. If he says he can't do it, so be it. No too awfully big of a deal, but I'd much rather have someone else profit than #17.

What you really need to is find out what it would cost you from a retailer. Instead of only caring about not getting them from 17.

Yea I'm looking into that too. I obviously am not dumb enough to get them from a different person if they will cost more. I think you've underestimated me Eric.