Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSchultz

Bored, so here's some pics of my tired, old stuff

The Nike's I've talked about in other threads. They're meant to hold me over until I find something else. I don't think they're really hurting my game, but I could benefit from a pair of skates that actually fit (these are nike/bauer size 8, I wear size 6 in tour/7 in mission...so these are TOO big) and that are lighter, with a bit more stiffness and better wheels/bearings. When I get my taxes back, it'll be the showdown between Code 1's and Mission 10K's. These gloves, I love so much. In January, it'll be 6 years that I've had them. They've seen much better days, but going back to 4 fingers is definitely weird. I had the opportunity to try the Mission 10K gloves before they came out, and they were AWESOME. Maybe I'll migrate to a pair of those? Anyways, enjoy!

422463_38_full.jpg

422463_39_full.jpg

422463_40_full.jpg

422463_41_full.jpg

The rivets ARE weird. actually, they aren't even rivets. I think they are a small nut/bolt system. I had them done in 1.5 hours by a local guy. It was free to me, since I am/was short on cash. They don't detract from the quality of play at all, just look funny. I've used them quite a bit by now, and they don't wobble, or come loose. So all is well in that aspect, lol.

Are they heavy? Depends on what you're coming from. They're bricks compared to the wicked lights I used to have. And the D2's which that chassis came from were probably a bit lighter too. Remember, those Air Accell Elites were from the late 90's, so technology has come A LONG WAY. The skates are pretty stiff, and that's their saving grace right now. Plus, the nostalgia is so cool :D

Like I said though, my game could benefit from a lighter, more responsive pair of skates. My lateral movement has suffered, imho. I'm a defenseman, so it doesn't matter TOO much, but it has caused me to stay at home (hockey sense, not literally!) a bit more often. W-2's are how far away? :P