Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Number 75

Bad Tryout Experiences

Just about every competitive hockey player out there has had at least one bad tryout experience... Let's all share our frustration

On Monday, I went to a roller hockey tryout, from which they were going to make 3-4 teams. I hadn't skated roller since August or so, only ice, but I figured that I'd pick it back up within a few minutes. I was wrong. It took much less time to get to the rink than I had anticipated, so I ended up being the first person there, and got #2. Of course, once we got out on the rink, lucky #2 had to go first in all the drills (none of which I fully understood). I started skating, and not only was I having a hard enough time doing that, my wheels had lost all their grip, so I was sliding everywhere. Out of 35-40 people, I just may have been the worst from the bunch. I did score in the scrimmage at the end though :unsure:. I wish I could take back those 90 minutes and just stuck to house leauge.

I wish we had enough players to have tryouts. LOL For the Nebraska team at statewars this past summer, our 85-86 (19-20 yr olds) team had to take 7 guys from the 88-89 team (16 yr olds) sucked, try going to a tourney with a bunch of intimidated kids. Terrible experience especially with the money that we spent to go to chicago for the tourney. the icing on the cake was that, the coach was the 16yr old players coach, so their line started. complete waste of time and money.

first and so far only junior tryout ever. i was too yougn but i was still very very very nervous. well i get out there ,hit everything that comes near me ,no matter how big or if theyre old. I got a great goal and 4 or 5 assists and everyone told me i was ust amazing. weeeeeeell my back starts to hurt ,i get home and my back wont move. i decide to miss that nights tryout to rest it and then i wake up and its even worse and i cant get out of bed and yeah....couldnt finish the tryout.......i woulda made the allstar game probably too :(

first and so far only junior tryout ever. i was too yougn but i was still very very very nervous. well i get out there ,hit everything that comes near me ,no matter how big or if theyre old. I got a great goal and 4 or 5 assists and everyone told me i was ust amazing. weeeeeeell my back starts to hurt ,i get home and my back wont move. i decide to miss that nights tryout to rest it and then i wake up and its even worse and i cant get out of bed and yeah....couldnt finish the tryout.......i woulda made the allstar game probably too :(

That's why you stretch your hamstrings. I've had that happen to me and it sucks, you just gotta keep it stretched.

hockeychamp14: It's happened to me aswell a few times :(

Everytime it's occured it came in succesion to a big slapper. Littery through the shooting motion I could feel my lower back pop.

Do you have any perticulary good exercises for preventing a sore hamstring/that?