Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrphantom042

Wood Of OPS

used to use composite, but now i use wood and i absolutely love it, using a sherwood 5030 with a coffey curve

I use it as well.. and I agree - it's phenomenal.

My son used the 5030 for years...with the Coffey blade too, and then switched to composites...I was the one buying the sticks, and to be honest..I think he went through almost as many composites as he did wooden sticks in the same time frame....at 5 times the price per.....The 5030 was always one of the lightest wooden sticks made...felt like it was made of Balsa....

I remember one year he went through an Easton Synergy OPS or a Z-Carbon blade in an Easton shaft about every three - six weeks..playing 3-5 times a week. I think I spent over $2500 on composite sticks and or blades in one 9 month period as I recall. He got about 3-4 times the life out of the Tour Beemer Inferno OPS sticks though once he switched over and liked them as much as the Synergy's.

He was playing PIHA/MLRH/XIHL/Narch Mens Platinum over that time frame, but because he was still 18 and under "Dad" was still buying..... :huh::angry: .

I don't know if I've just been lucky or what, but I have had pretty good luck with my shafts and OPSs. I play no less than 3 games a week, year round, semi-competitve local league, and I just don't break stuff. Granted I don't take slapshots everytime I get the puck, but I'm not exactly easy on them either.

So when I hear guys are going through 1 or 2 sticks every 3 or 6 weeks, I am completely baffled.