Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dix0r

McSorley played at my rink last night...

It was kind of neat to see him playing there. Unfortunately, it was the game before mine - I would have liked to get the chance to play against him. Of course, it was obvious how easy he was taking it, but it still would have been neat. He played for the last place team in the novice league - and they played against a much better team and ended up winning. Guess he inspired them to play better :]

That guy is huge - He didn't have shoulder pads on and there's probably only one other guy that plays at the rink (out of 26 adult league teams) that's almost his size. He played defense and easily took the puck away from guys a couple times using just his skates.

It doesn't sound right to me that a long-time NHL veteran with Stanley Cup rings on his fingers is playing in a freaking novice league. Not that I doubt it, it just doesn't seem right.

It doesn't sound right to me that a long-time NHL veteran with Stanley Cup rings on his fingers is playing in a freaking novice league. Not that I doubt it, it just doesn't seem right.

was he cruising past everyone and scoring lots?

McSorley was suspended for whacking Brashear w/ his stick in 1999. Hasn't been seen since.

Did anyone inspect his stick for an illegal curve (Cup Finals 1993)?

McSorley was suspended for whacking Brashear w/ his stick in 1999. Hasn't been seen since.

Of course he's been seen since. Done a bit of coaching time if I remember correctly, both with his brother Chris here in Europe and in one of the minor leagues.

His brother was the coach of the (now dyfunct) london knights, then the England national coach along with coaching the big Geneva team (can't think of the name, maybe eagles) he then left the G.B national position when he became owner of Geneva's team. Did Chris ever play?

edit: this is a different London Knights to the Canadien team, to avoid confusion

he had 2 assists, no goals. it was obvious he wasn't trying at all. it was at skate zone in huntington beach. and he's a commentator for the kings, so he definitely hasn't disappeared. in fact, somebody told me he was on TV later that night...

seemed like a nice guy, stuck around for a bit to sign autographs and chat.

and he's not on that team, he must be friends with one of them or something.

and no, nobody inspected his stick, lol.

it was at skate zone in huntington beach.

Skate Zone? LOL.....I play there almost every Thursday. I definitely didn't expect Marty to make the drive down to Huntington to play in a beer league :)

Skate Zone? LOL.....I play there almost every Thursday. I definitely didn't expect Marty to make the drive down to Huntington to play in a beer league :)

hah, you gotta introduce yourself next time your down there. i usually work the pro shop thursdays, although i actually have tonight off...

actually hopefully i'll get to play tonight :]

hah, you gotta introduce yourself next time your down there. i usually work the pro shop thursdays, although i actually have tonight off...

actually hopefully i'll get to play tonight :]

I play pick-up there, but the shop is usually closed by the time I get there. I may not play tonight though because a buddy invited me to the Kings-Thrashers game.