Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Calling off a Penalty

This is the first I've ever heard of this, but they just called off an Ottawa penalty in the Leaf game. They weren't sure where the puck went over the glass, they then put Redden into the box, announced it, Murray started screaming, they talked, and took him out of the box.

Is this an NHL First?

That sounds like some undesicive reffing, will any senior officials be looking into it. The ref cant be persuaded to change a call like that!!

i think intimidation is a factor in this one, if a coach intimidates the ref, the ref may change the call.or on the other hand if wayne gretzky is yelling at me, id change the call, lol.

I didn't see it, but I'm guessing that the referees consulted with the linesmen after the initial call. A linesman, with the exception of calling too many men or reporting a high stick or other injury causing infraction at a whistle, cannot comment on penalties to the referees unless specifically called upon. I assume that was the case here.

The ref didn't know what to do after the puck went over. A Leaf pointed over the glass immediately, then he went and consulted, called a penalty, then the Murray thing, consulted the other linesman (but never the second ref) and reversed it.

Someone I was talking to said they've seen it once before in a Toronto Philly game. Call was initially against Philly, but renegged. Do any Philly fans remember that because I vaigly do, but I may be thinking of the Reichel thing.